Non-Dairy Creamy Tomato Bisque Recipe
On a rainy day with a couple of sniffles in bed, the soup that gets me through the day is a bowl of creamy homemade tomato bisque with a side of perfect grilled cheese. I know on those days when you feel low-energy, you just want something simple but gourmet to bring a little joy to your day. I have the best homemade “beginner-friendly” Vegan Tomato Bisque Recipe that you can easily make with ingredients you might already have at home.
If you need a little extra self-care today, you can turn your grilled cheese into cheesy croutons by cutting them into small pieces.
Overall, this vegan tomato bisque soup is a creamy and delicious homemade soup you can take to go in a thermos or freeze overnight to for your meal prep.
Alternative ways to make this recipe:
Related Recipe: Vegan Broccoli Potato Soup
How do you make tomato bisque vegan? It is super simple. You make it the same way you would make a traditional tomato bisque, but swap out the heavy cream for a vegan alternative. Jump to the recipe card below.
How many servings does this make?
Approximately 4 servings.
How long will this last?
Tomato bisque leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You could also freeze it to keep it as an easy dinner on hand.
Related Post: Vegan Soup Recipes
INGREDIENTS FOR TOMATO BISQUE (VEGAN):
- Olive Oil
- Canned Fire-Roasted Crushed or Whole Plum Tomatoes (regular is fine too)
- Tomato Paste
- Dried Basil
- Dried Thyme
- Maple Syrup or White Sugar
- Vegetable Broth
- Vegan-Friendly Heavy Cream
- Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cooking onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 28 oz can fire-roasted crushed or whole plum tomatoes (regular is fine too)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp maple syrup or white sugar
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ tsp sea salt+ more to taste
- ¾ cup vegan-friendly heavy cream (like cashew or half & half)
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper 1 mL
- Handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat olive oil and sauté onion ad garlic for 1 minute.
- Add celery, a pinch of salt, basil, thyme, and crushed tomatoes and cook for about 5 mins or until onions are translucent.
- Add vegetable broth, and maple syrup and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to a simmer. If you're short on time cook for 20 minutes. If you have time, cook for 40 minutes.
- Using a stand or immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Stir in cream until combined. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve with a swirl of cream, chopped parsley and grilled cheese sandwiches or grilled cheese croutons.
Hey welcome to The Edgy Veg – we veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. We hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Soup Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!