Vegan Red Lentil Soup (Easy Instant Pot Recipe)
This vegan red lentil soup is protein-rich with lentils & hearty veggies cooked in 25 mins! An easy instant pot recipe using red lentils. I know how much you love my instant pot recipes!
This healthy vegan red lentil soup is full of flavour & made in one pot which makes it super awesome for those who don’t want to spend 30 mins washing dishes!
Other Recipes: Instant Pot Chana Masala
Vegan Red Lentil Soup
GLUTEN-FREE & NUT-FREE
This vegan red lentil soup can be made with any lentils and hearty veggies! Just because you don’t have all the ingredients doesn’t mean you can’t make it! You’re welcome to add beans, chopped kale, or other vegetables you have that need to be used up.
I wanted to share one of my go-to comforting dinner recipes with you. I make this vegan lentil soup every few weeks as an easy meal for my partner and I. It leaves lots of leftovers for the next few days and it’s great for meal prepping too. In just 30 minutes, you can have a delicious & cozy red lentil soup that is hearty and warm that fills your belly.
INGREDIENTS FOR LENTIL SOUP (VEGAN):
- Lentils (I love using Red Lentils & Brown Lentils)
- Olive Oil
- Ground Cumin
- Dried Thyme
- Whole Fennel Seeds
- Tomato Paste
- Dried Bay Leaf
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Coconut Milk
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- Measuring Utensils
FULL RECIPE DOWN BELOW
What is lentil soup made of?
This lentil soup is made of lentils, vegetables, spices and coconut milk!
Other Vegan Recipes: Instant Pot Dal
- 2 cups red lentils
- 1 cup brown lentils or lentils of choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp whole fennel seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 8 cups of no-chicken broth, no-beef broth, or veggie broth
- ½ tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- canned coconut milk
- Select the brown/saute function on your instant pot and heat olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for about 3 mins. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add carrots and celery and cook for roughly 10 mins or until the carrot softened.
- Add cumin, thyme, fennel, and paprika and cook until fragrant about 1 min.
- Add lentils and tomato paste and stir.
- Add broth and bay leaf, mix until combined.
- Add the lid of the pressure cooker and set to high pressure for 15 mins.
- After the timer goes off, allow the pressure to release naturally, about 15 mins. (don't touch it)
- After the pressure has released naturally, release the pressure valve, and open the lid.
- Stir the soup, and remove bay leaves. How this or thin it is is really up to you, if you want a thinner soup, add more broth now.
- Add about 1 cup of coconut milk & season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a swirl of coconut milk in each bowl, along with some buttered toast.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Soup Recipes?
- Vegan Italian Wedding Soup
- Easy CrockPot Lasagna Soup
- Pumpkin Sage Soup
- Vegan German Potato Soup
- Vegan Matzah Ball Soup
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!
Leave a comment