Vegan Red Lentil Soup (Easy Instant Pot Recipe)

Vegan Red Lentil Soup (Easy Instant Pot Recipe)This vegan red lentil soup is protein-rich with lentils & hearty veggies cooked in 25 mins! An easy instant pot recipe using red lentils. I know how much you love my instant pot recipes!

This healthy vegan red lentil soup is full of flavour & made in one pot which makes it super awesome for those who don’t want to spend 30 mins washing dishes!

Other Recipes: Instant Pot Chana Masala

Vegan Lentil Soup Instant PotVegan Red Lentil Soup

GLUTEN-FREE & NUT-FREE

This vegan red lentil soup can be made with any lentils and hearty veggies! Just because you don’t have all the ingredients doesn’t mean you can’t make it! You’re welcome to add beans, chopped kale, or other vegetables you have that need to be used up.

I wanted to share one of my go-to comforting dinner recipes with you. I make this vegan lentil soup every few weeks as an easy meal for my partner and I. It leaves lots of leftovers for the next few days and it’s great for meal prepping too. In just 30 minutes, you can have a delicious & cozy red lentil soup that is hearty and warm that fills your belly.

Vegan Red Lentil SoupINGREDIENTS FOR LENTIL SOUP (VEGAN):

KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:

FULL RECIPE DOWN BELOW

Vegan Red Lentil SoupWhat is lentil soup made of?

This lentil soup is made of lentils, vegetables, spices and coconut milk!

Other Vegan Recipes: Instant Pot Dal

Vegan Red Lentil Soup (Fast + Easy)

This vegan red lentil soup is protein-rich with lentils & hearty veggies cooked in 25 mins! An easy instant pot recipe using red lentils! You're welcome to add beans, chopped kale, or other vegetables you have that need to be used up.
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Vegan
Serves: 6-8 servings
  1. Select the brown/saute function on your instant pot and heat olive oil.
  2. Add onion and garlic and cook for about 3 mins. Add a pinch of salt.
  3. Add carrots and celery and cook for roughly 10 mins or until the carrot softened.
  4. Add cumin, thyme, fennel, and paprika and cook until fragrant about 1 min.
  5. Add lentils and tomato paste and stir.
  6. Add broth and bay leaf, mix until combined.
  7. Add the lid of the pressure cooker and set to high pressure for 15 mins.
  8. After the timer goes off, allow the pressure to release naturally, about 15 mins. (don't touch it)
  9. After the pressure has released naturally, release the pressure valve, and open the lid.
  10. Stir the soup, and remove bay leaves. How this or thin it is is really up to you, if you want a thinner soup, add more broth now.
  11. Add about 1 cup of coconut milk & season to taste with salt and pepper.
  12. Serve with a swirl of coconut milk in each bowl, along with some buttered toast.
Nutrition Information
Serving size: 1 serving Calories: 371 Fat: 10g Carbohydrates: 38g Sugar: 4.4g Fiber: 14g Protein: 20g

Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!

Looking For More Vegan Soup Recipes?

Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!

Share My Recipe on Pinterest!Red Lentil Soup Recipe

• Leslie stansfield says:

This was so good. I have been looking for good lentil recipes. Fast and delicious!

• Jennie says:

Candice, I’m all prepped to make this great looking soup tonight. Rain forecast in Vancouver makes a perfect excuse 😉.

I’m wondering what the pretty green garnish is in your photos, though: parsley or cilantro? Both are in my fridge. Do you have a flavor preference recommendation for this lentil soup?

Cheers

• Michelle Guerra says:

So good! I have always struggled with eating lentils. Invariably I end up with something gritty and over seasoned. This recipe was just what I always wanted them to be like, smooth, flavorful and satisfying. Thank you.

• Keri says:

Incredibly smooth and flavorful! This is the first recipe I’ve made in my new Instant pot and it was perfect. I have soup to share with family now too. The fennel seeds added a wonderful unique flavor. Thank you!

• Holly says:

Thank you for the instant pot recipes! Your instructions are so easy to follow

• Tee says:

Oh this was so good! I didn’t have all of the spices, but it turned out well. I loved the texture of it, too. I’ll be trying more of your recipes!

• Mirabelle says:

Hi Candance! I love this recipe! It was so delicious and easy 🙂 Thank you very much. I just have one question: are we supposed to let the pressure release naturally until the pin drops (or just 15 minutes and then quick release)? I waited more than 30 minutes, but the pin never dropped. I just ended up doing the quick release because I was starving lol. Maybe I misunderstood the instructions?

Let the steam release naturally. The natural release can typically be around 20 minutes but every pot is different

• Suzanne G Edmonds says:

Will this soup freeze well? It looks so yummy but there is only my wife and I so for sure we would have left overs.

• linda says:

This recipe is amazing. I really like the texture of the soup. I was concerned about having two different types of lentils in the pot. It proved to give an ideal texture. I am going to search your site for more amazing recipes.

• Kathryn says:

This looks so yummy! Approximately how long would this take on the stove? Or would a slow cooker work? I don’t have a pressure cooker hence my questions 🙂 thank you!

• Shannon says:

Hands down fav soup recipe 🧡

• Eric says:

YUM, comfort food at its best, and you can add any veggies you want!

• Natali Peters says:

Do you use dry lentils or canned?

• Sara Galvin says:

I don’t own an instant pot. How could I adjust this recipe for cooking on the stovetop?

• Long says:

Your recipe is the best one I found on the net. Maybe because its the closest that resembles my mother’s recipe. Thank you!