I’m going to show you how to make vegan potato leek soup in 50 mins! Using hearty vegetables, this potato and leek soup is just what you need for cooler nights and months.
Whether you’re looking for a delicious dinner to enjoy as the weather gets warmer or an easy reheatable lunch, this vegan potato leek soup will get you in the perfect mindset for autumn!
Related Recipe: Vegan Red Lentil Soup
Vegan Potato and Leek Soup
As summer winds down and the evening air becomes cooler, there is only one thing on my mind. Soup.
All you need to do to make this vegan recipe is roughly chop and cook the vegetables then add seasonings listed below with water. Then boil, blend and serve. It is perfect to keep in the fridge and warm up for leftovers or even frozen for an easy meal later on.
Related Post: Vegan Noodle Soup
INGREDIENTS FOR POTATO LEEK SOUP (VEGAN):
- Yellow Potatoes
- Vegetable Bouillon Powder
- Nutritional Yeast
- Bay Leaves
- Mild Curry Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Cashew Cream (optional)
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- 3 leeks, chopped
- 2 pounds yellow potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 Carrots, peeled & chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cooking onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp of vegetable bouillon powder
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Marjoram
- 1½ tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- cashew cream, to serve
- Place all the carrots, celery, onion, leeks, garlic, marjoram, parsley, thyme, curry powder, and a heavy pinch of salt into a large pot, and cook for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are sweating and fragrant.
- Add potatoes and cook for an additional minute.
- Add bouillon, yeast, bay leaves, and fill the pot with water to just cover everything (about 6 cups).
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to med and allow it to simmer for approximately 40 mins, gradually lowering the heat as necessary.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Now the fun part. There are two ways to do this depending on your mood. Option # 1: Letting out frustration, Take a potato masher and beat the daylights out of your vegetables in the pot, leaving a few chunks for texture and bite.
Make some toast and enjoy this soup on a cold Sunday afternoon with your sweetheart by your side.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Soup Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!