I was going to make a pun about vegan mozzarella but it was too cheesy. SO instead, I’m going to share my Vegan Mozzarella Cheese recipe!
I love cheese, grew up eating cheese and use to eat entire meals of just cheese. Melty, gooey, so good on pizza, pasta, with crackers, on sandwiches, you can never run out of things to make cheesy. After 9 years of being vegan, vegan cheese has gotten so much better and has basically replaced traditional cheese styles, including mozzarella!
This Vegan Mozzarella recipe is healthy, easy to make & very affordable. It’s best for vegans, especially those with nut or gluten allergies, vegetarians or dairy-free eaters.
If you want to have a mozzarhella good day, make this cheese and use it in every meal you make. From my vegan lasagna recipe to my dill pickle pizza, you can use this mozzarella on any of your favourite dishes.
Feel free to share & print my recipe below to make your own Vegan Mozzarella Cheese! Or you can watch me on YouTube show you how to make it!
Related Recipe: Best Vegan Feta Cheese
Hi, I’m Candice & welcome to The Edgy Veg! Where I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or by-products of animals.
How To Make: Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
Never miss a video by clicking here to Subscribe to my Channel
If you want to view or print the recipe card, just scroll down for the full list of ingredients & simple instructions on how to make Vegan Mozzarella Cheese.
Mozzarella might be the most versatile type of cheese. I use this on pizza, in pasta dishes, in a grilled cheese, or just simply with some crackers and fruits on a charcuterie board.
Related Recipe: Vegan Nacho Cheese
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- 1/4 cup firm tofu
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VEGAN MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- To start, place tofu, soy milk, white miso, nutritional yeast, tapioca starch, salt and garlic powder in a blender and puree until very smooth. It may be runny but it will cook and reduce to a more firm texture.
- Place cheese mixture into a saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and starts to look like dough. This takes about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer your cheese ball into a bowl or container to cool.
- Use right away on pizza, or in any recipe where you require the mozzarella to be pliable. If not using right away, store in the fridge, or use your hands to form balls and store them in a brine made of salt dissolved into water; good for up to 3 days.
Voila! Gooey Vegan Mozzarella Cheese!
Recipe for Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- In a blender combine tofu, soy milk, white miso, nutritional yeast, tapioca starch, salt and garlic powder and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the tofu mixture into a saucepan and cook over medium-high heat , stirring constantly, until it thickens and starts to look like dough, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl or container to cool.
- Use right away on pizza, or in any recipe where you require the mozzerella to be pliable.
- If not using right away, store in the fridge, or use your hands to form balls and store them in a brine for up to 3 days.
You guys must try the Vegan Mozzarella Cheese & let me know what you think! Once you try it, come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating! If you make this, let me see on social! Tag @edgyveg on your photo & add the hashtag #theedgyveg in your caption so I don’t miss it!
Share this Vegan Mozzarella Cheese Recipe on Pinterest
For more easy, delicious vegan recipes, check out the links below!
- The BEST Vegan Lasagna
- Vegan Nacho Cheese Dip
- Best Vegan Feta Cheese
- High Protein Vegan Ground Beef
- Easy Vegan Bechamel Sauce
- 1-Pan Tofu Veggie Bowl