Whether you’re a student, a busy parent, or someone cooking for just one or two people, an air fryer is a tool from the future. It functions as a small convection oven, blowing heat in circular motions around food placed in its basket. With just a small amount of oil, it creates hot, crispy food in a flash.
In my house, the air fryer is so popular we’ve used it to replace our microwave. It preheats so quickly and turns off when the timer is done, I get quickly cooked meals or warmed leftovers in a safe way on my countertop. And unlike a microwave, the air fryer can be tucked away into a cabinet when not in use.
Here I’m going to show you 5 air fryer hacks that I’ve learned to make the easiest, quickest food without sacrificing flavour or counter space!
1. Easily adapt oven recipes to air fryer: Lower the cooking temperature by about 25F, and the cooking time by 20% less.
For example, if the oven recipe states 400F for 20 mins, cook in the air fryer at 375F for 16 minutes, opening halfway to shake the basket and flip the food.
Here are Vegan Recipes on my website that can be cooked in an air fryer!
- Get an air fryer
- Heat up your leftover food or make recipes using your air fryer on the recipes listed above.
3. Cookie cake: Perfect for when you’ve got the munchies. Add the cookie dough to the pan that came with your air fryer, a cake pan, or just onto some parchment paper, make sure it’s about 1 inch thick. Cook for 350F for 10-15 minutes until cookie smells fill your kitchen.
4. Heat up leftovers: As I said, the air fryer is leftovers’ best friend. Things like pizza, roasted vegetables and even leftover fries! Say goodbye to sad, soggy leftovers and hello to fresh, crispy flavour.
5. Easy Fried Rice: Make a simple meal for one using only one dish, 6 ingredients and you’ll have a full healthy meal in under 20 minutes. Perfect for busy students or people on the go! Find the full recipe here.
Comment below what your favourite air fryer hacks are and any air fryer recipes you’d like to see from me!
Share My Tips on Pinterest!