Today I want to show you how I really eat in a day as a vegan!
What I eat changes every day, depending on my work schedule and exercise level. Here is what I ate during a full day of work, family, and me time!
Realistic Vegan What I Eat in a Day
I like to start my day with a large glass of water and a simple coffee with a splash of soy milk. Then I make myself a super easy smoothie like my PB&J Smoothie!
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add a pinch of salt, if you are using unsalted peanut butter.
While my smoothie is blending, I like to take my daily vitamins in the morning so I don’t forget throughout the day. I love to take my vitamins in gummy form because I am less likely to forget them, and they satisfy my craving for candy.
Herbaland has been my favourite brand for gummy vitamins for a while now, keeping me on track with a consistent vitamin routine. They are a family-owned Canadian business with similar inclusivity and sustainability values as me. They use compostable packaging and their gummies are vegan, low to no sugar and free of allergens. (USE CODE: edgyveg20 to get 20% off your order)
My Daily Vegan Vitamins
I take different vitamins daily, but today I chose to highlight the below…
- Multivitamin Gummy for Adults
- It’s berry flavoured and contains 13 essential vitamins and minerals including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, D3, Vitamin E, and Vitamin B.
- Eye Care Gummy for Adults
- It’s strawberry flavoured and contains the powerful carotenoid vitamin Lutein which promotes healthy vision and protects the eyes from the harmful effects of sunlight, blue light, and free radicals.
- Sleep Plus Gummy for Adults (for night time)
- It’s Passion fruit jasmine flavoured helps me with sleeping (I suffer from chronic insomnia, thank anxiety) – it contains Vitamin B6, Lemon balm, and L-theanine to promote calmness, relaxation, and sleep. This has been a game-changer for my sleep routine. Let me know if you’re interested in what my sleep hygiene routine (Nigh time routine) looks like.
Herbaland is giving The Edgy Veg readers a promo code of 20% off all their orders with code: edgyveg20 – Click here for more information on Herbaland and their gummies!
As a vegan, I try to focus on listening to what my body needs, as well as visiting my doctor regularly. My diet can be described as partially intuitive eating, partially no diet LOL. Honestly, I have always been shit with regimented eating, and that is why I take supplements. I don’t care about my macros with my meals, I just want to eat what I crave. I am very fortunate to be able to do that. Being diligent with taking vitamin supplements as well as maintaining a plant-based diet has kept me happy and healthy for years.
I like to keep things easy for lunch, as my days tend to be busy and I like to eat a heavier dinner. It’s not ideal, but it works for me and schedule. Something that’s quick and easy for me to make for lunch is a sandwich; and buy do I love a good sandwich.
I simply toast a bagel or whole grain bread (whatever I have on hand that day), and top with slices of tomato, vegan turkey slices (I used Yves brand), arugula or spinach, and a slice of vegan cheese, today I used Follow Your Heart. I typically pair this with a side of veggies and dip because I always have hummus and baba ghanoush in my fridge. It’s an easy lunch that keeps me feeling satisfied for a few hours. Having hummus and baba on hand is great for quick meals, or snack attacks.
Throughout the day, if I feel myself wanting to snack while working, I’ll typically grab a bowl of seasonal fruit. I’ve been absolutely loving cherries lately, but when they arent in season I love raspberries. I can mindlessly eat them while doing computer work. If I’m feeling something savoury, I’ll make a quick batch of my Doritos popcorn recipe. This popcorn is a must for Netflix binge watching as well.
For dinner, my partner Louis and I like to put our work away for the evening and just sit together in the kitchen and enjoy each others’ company. This usually means putting away our phones, throw on some tunes or a podcast, and chat while we make and eat dinner together, with our dogs always waiting patiently for an accidental crumb to fall on the ground.
And that’s what I realistically eat in a day!
You can watch my Vegan What I Eat in a Day on YouTube!
Share on Pinterest!