These easy vegan zucchini fritters or “vegan courgette fritters” take 25 mins and super tasty! Make these vegan fritters using fresh zucchini and other simple ingredients!
Whether you prefer to pan fry or deep fry, I’ve left all the instructions for these vegan zucchini fritters down below! Cook them up and dip in any sauce you like
Vegan Zucchini Fritters
DAIRY-FREE & GLUTEN FREE OPTION
These simple & delicious vegan zucchini fritters are crispy on the outside and flavourful on the inside! You’ll have most of the ingredients already in the house, with the added zucchini from the store or from your garden.
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN ZUCCHINI FRITTERS:
- Vegan Butter
- Dried Parsley
- Dried Dill
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Nutritional Yeast
- Baking Powder
- Unbleached All-Purpose Flour (option to substitute for gluten-free)
- Unsweetened Soy Milk or Almond Milk
- Vegan Butter or Oil for Frying
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Measuring Utensils
- Large Sieve or Colander
- Chef’s Knife
- Mixing Bowls
- Large Pan or Deep Pot for Frying
- Cooling Rack
How do you keep fritters crispy?
Shred your zucchini using a box grater and squeeze as much liquid out of it as possible. Sprinkle salt on your zucchini for 10 mins to decrease moisture. This will give you the crispiest fritters.
How to avoid soggy zucchini fritters?
When it comes to the zucchini fritter dough if it’s too wet add more flour to avoid soggy zucchini fritters (a tsp at a time). If the batter is too dry add plant milk, a tsp at a time.
- 4 cups shredded zucchini, packed
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp aquafaba
- 1 tbsp vegan melted butter + more as needed
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- Unsweetened soy or almond milk as needed
- Oil for frying (option to pan fry or deep fry)
- Shred your zucchini using a box grater and squeeze as much liquid out of it as possible.
- Gently combine zucchini and salt in a large sieve or colander and place it in the sink for 10 mins to draw out the moisture (like I do with my eggplant recipe).
- Meanwhile, to a small bowl, whisk together aquafaba, 1 tbsp vegan butter, parsley, and dill. Set aside.
- Next, squeeze the zucchini with your hands to get rid of all excess water.
- Put the squeezed zucchini into another bowl.
- To the bowl with zucchini, add garlic powder, onion powder, nutritional yeast, and baking powder. Mix together.
- Add the aquafaba and butter mixture and mix to create a kind of doughy-batter. The dough should just come together, if it's too wet add more flour, if it’s too dry add plant milk (one teaspoon at a time). An extra wet batter will result in soggy fritters.
- Heat 2 tbsp of vegan butter or cooking oil of choice oil in a large pan (non-stick preferred) over medium-high heat. Make sure it’s hot before adding your dough, you want the dough to sizzle when it hits the pan.
- In batches, using a ¼ measuring cup or an ice cream scoop, add batter to the pan. How many you make will depend on the size of your pan. Press each one down slightly with a spatula to create pancake-like disks, and cook until nicely browned and crispy, about 3-4 mins, flip and cook for another 3-4 mins, or until the second side is also nicely browned and crispy. Place cooked fritters onto a wire cooling rack.
- For double batch of vegan zucchini fritters, repeat by adding new butter or oil to the pan each time.
- In a deep pan or pot, heat 2 inches of oil to 350F.
- Using a tablespoon, drop the dough into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown and crispy, turning occasionally. Drain thoroughly on paper towels, or place onto a wire cooling rack.
- If you want to keep the fritters warm while you cook other dishes, preheat your oven to 210F with a wire cooling rack on a baking tray inside. Once a zucchini fritter is cooked, place it onto the plate to keep warm until you’re ready to serve them all at once.
Looking For More Fried Vegan Recipes?
- Crispy Quinoa Onion Rings
- Chicken Fried Cauliflower
- Fried Cauliflower Bites
- Vegan Bang Bang Broccoli
- KFC Popcorn “Chicken”
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!