This vegan ricotta toast recipe isn’t like other ricotta toast recipes. With my homemade vegan ricotta on toast with additional toppings, you will discover the delicious most combination of ricotta!
Have you ever had cheese and broccoli soup? This ricotta toast recipe basically tastes just like cheese and broccoli soup but on a slice of warm toasted baguette.
Related Recipe: Vegan Ricotta Cheese
Vegan Ricotta Toast
DAIRY-FREE & EGG-FREE
This vegan ricotta toast can be served as an appetizer at a dinner party or mid-afternoon snack for the family. You could even make these for a savoury brunch option.
INGREDIENTS FOR RICOTTA TOAST (VEGAN):
- Vegan Ricotta (store-bought or make my 7-mins ricotta recipe here)
- Baguette (option to find GF alternative)
- Olive Oil
- Maple Syrup (you could also try Agave if you don’t have maple syrup)
- White Wine Vinegar
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- Toasted Walnuts (optional; exclude for nut-free recipe)
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
Related Recipe: 3 Avocado Toast Toppings
- 1½ cups vegan ricotta (use store-bought or click here for my 7-mins homemade reipce)
- 1 baguette, sliced on a diagonal, roughly 12 slices
- olive oil, as needed
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets, and stem peeled and chopped into pieces
- 1 head of garlic, top ¼ in sliced off, but leave the bulb and cloves intact
- Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup (optionally you coud try agave)
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional depending on taste)
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Salt & pepper, for taste.
- Preheat to 400F.
- Place baguette slices onto a lined baking sheet, and brush with olive oil.
- On a second lined baking sheet, add chopped broccoli florets and drizzle with roughly 2 tbsp of olive oil, and season with sea salt. Toss the broccoli to coat.
- Leaving bulb skins on for roasting, rub the garlic bulb with excess olive oil from the sheet with your hands, and place onto the sheet.
- Place both sheets into the oven; broccoli on the top rack and bread on the bottom rack.
- Roast for about 10–12 mins, or until the baguette is golden brown, then remove it from the oven.
- Continue to roast the broccoli and garlic, until garlic is tender and broccoli is browned nicely and has a bit of char, about 15 mins longer.
- Meanwhile, you can make my homemade vegan ricotta cheese within 10 mins.
- Remove broccoli and garlic from the oven and set aside to cool to the touch.
- Optional: Toast walnuts and chop them as an additional topping.
- While everything cools, in a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, white wine vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Set this maple-chilli sauce aside.
- As soon as the garlic is cool enough to handle, remove the cloves from the bulb skins, and place it into another small bowl. Mash the garlic with a fork to create a paste.
- Next, add your vegan ricotta in the garlic paste and mix well. Taste and season with salt and black pepper,
- Spread the vegan ricotta over each baguette slice, add roasted broccoli, and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Place them onto a serving dish (or however you plan to serve), and drizzle with the maple-chilli sauce.
- Serve as an appetizer, with leftover sauce on the side for guests to dip or drizzle extra.
Toast for about 3-4 mins, stirring constantly so they won't burn. If you don't stir, they will burn. Remove the pan from the heat and let them cool, stirring occasionally.
Chop once cool to sprinkle on top of ricotta toast.
Looking For More Vegan Appetizer Recipes?
- Vegan Garlic Bread
- Vegan Appetizer Platter
- Vegan Bang Bang Broccoli
- Vegan Meatball Sliders
- Crispy Quinoa Onion Rings
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!