Looking for a dairy-free substitute for ricotta cheese? This 5-ingredient vegan ricotta recipe is nut-free and perfect substitute for dairy-free lasagna or ricotta stuffed shells!
Ricotta cheese is traditionally not dairy-free, but using this recipe you can make a simple tofu ricotta cheese at home using vegan ingredients. This vegan tofu ricotta cheese can be prepared within 7 minutes.
What is a Dairy-Free Substitute for Ricotta Cheese?
Dairy-free ricotta cheese can be made from nuts (like cashews & almonds) or tofu! Nuts can be expensive while tofu is way cheaper (and nut-free!) to make vegan ricotta cheese.
My vegan ricotta is made of tofu to make a creamy, plant-based cheese replacement. This dairy-free ricotta cheese allows you to enjoy a light, cheesy filling for your Stuffed Shells pasta dish while saving money and time.
DAIRY-FREE RICOTTA CHEESE
VEGAN | NUT-FREE | GLUTEN-FREE
This easy tofu ricotta recipe is a simple way to make filling for desserts, pasta, sauces or anything else that could use a light cheese aspect. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days, or freeze it, and use in countless recipes!
INGREDIENTS FOR RICOTTA CHEESE (VEGAN):
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
Related Recipe: Vegan Stuffed Shells With Tofu Ricotta
- 1-454 g block firm tofu, pressed (I like to press it overnight)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- Place tofu, olive oil, white miso, garlic powder, salt, and lemon juice into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- If your ricotta is too thick, add 1 - 2 tablespoons of soy milk or olive oil as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Optionally, you can add chopped basil and spinach to your food processor and pulse it in.
- Taste and season with salt as desired.
- Place into a resealable container and store in the fridge.
- Use in recipes as you would use classic ricotta cheese.
Looking For More Dairy-free Cheese Recipes?
If you make this recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!