Cream cheese is traditionally not vegan, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make a simple tofu cream cheese at home using vegan ingredients. This vegan tofu cream cheese can be whipped up within 7 minutes.
I’m all about making vegan versions of cheese products including Vegan Feta Cheese, Vegan Mozzarella Cheese, and Vegan Nacho Cheese. And as per requests of many readers, I wanted to share my vegan cream cheese recipe.
Here is an easy way to make a creamy, whole foods cheese replacement using tofu and pantry staples, so you can enjoy creamy, cheesy goodness while saving money and without leaving the house.
Related Recipe: Everything Bagel Seasoning
TOFU CREAM CHEESE
DAIRY-FREE | NUT-FREE | GLUTEN-FREE
This easy tofu cream cheese recipe is a simple way to make any bagel, pasta, or dessert (tofu frosting) more creamy and full of flavour. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days, or freeze it, and use in countless recipes!
How To Make: Vegan Cream Cheese
INGREDIENTS FOR TOFU CREAM CHEESE (VEGAN):
- Firm tofu
- Nutritional yeast
- Miso paste (white is preferred)
- Coconut oil (Refined/deodorized)
- Lemon juice
- Apple cider vinegar
- Onion powder (optional)
- Garlic powder (optional)
- Dried dill (optional)
- Unsweetened soy milk (optional)
OPTIONAL CREAM CHEESE FLAVOURS:
- Herb and garlic: add in 1 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 cup freshly chopped herbs
- Everything bagel: 2 tbsp everything bagel seasoning
- Vegan Smoked Salmon: 1 tsp fresh dill & ¼ cup chopped carrot lox
- Strawberry: skip the savoury herbs in the original recipe, add ½ cup mashed strawberries and 2-3 tbsp powdered sugar
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Measuring Cup and Spoons
- Food Processor or Vitamix
- Wooden Spoon
- Tupperware Container
- Tofu Press (optional)
Related Recipe: Best Vegan Feta Cheese
- Place tofu, nutritional yeast, miso, coconut oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and dried dill in a blender or food processor and puree until very smooth, scraping down the sides.
- It gets quite thick, so you will need to help it along with a damper or wooden spoon. This may take some time, let it blend.
- Taste and salt as needed.
- Place tofu mixture into a sealable Tupperware or bowl. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Spread onto your favourite bagels, or crackers or use in recipes.
Looking For More Vegan Breakfast Recipes?
If you make this recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!