Tofu Cream Cheese Vegan RecipeCream cheese is traditionally not vegan, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make a simple tofu cream cheese at home using vegan ingredients. This vegan tofu cream cheese can be whipped up within 7 minutes.

I’m all about making vegan versions of cheese products including Vegan Feta Cheese, Vegan Mozzarella Cheese, and Vegan Nacho Cheese. And as per requests of many readers, I wanted to share my vegan cream cheese recipe.

Here is an easy way to make a creamy, whole foods cheese replacement using tofu and pantry staples, so you can enjoy creamy, cheesy goodness while saving money and without leaving the house.

Related Recipe: Everything Bagel SeasoningTofu Cream Cheese Vegan

TOFU CREAM CHEESE

DAIRY-FREE | NUT-FREE | GLUTEN-FREE

This easy tofu cream cheese recipe is a simple way to make any bagel, pasta, or dessert (tofu frosting) more creamy and full of flavour. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days, or freeze it, and use in countless recipes!Tofu Cream Cheese

How To Make: Vegan Cream Cheese

INGREDIENTS FOR TOFU CREAM CHEESE (VEGAN):

OPTIONAL CREAM CHEESE FLAVOURS:

KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:

Related Recipe: Best Vegan Feta CheeseSimple Tofu Cream Cheese

Tofu Cream Cheese (Vegan)

A simple tofu cream cheese at home using vegan ingredients. This vegan tofu cream cheese can be whipped up within 7 minutes using simple ingredients.
Recipe type: Cheese
Cuisine: Breakfast
Serves: Roughly 2 cups
  1. Place tofu, nutritional yeast, miso, coconut oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and dried dill in a blender or food processor and puree until very smooth, scraping down the sides.
  2. It gets quite thick, so you will need to help it along with a damper or wooden spoon. This may take some time, let it blend.
  3. Taste and salt as needed.
  4. Place tofu mixture into a sealable Tupperware or bowl. Cover and place in the fridge.
  5. Spread onto your favourite bagels, or crackers or use in recipes.
Nutrition Information
Serving size: ¼ cup Calories: 42.8 Fat: 1.8g Carbohydrates: 1.8g Sugar: 0.58g Sodium: 72.8mg Fiber: 0.75g Protein: 4.75g
The Edgy Veg making Tofu Cream CheeseHey, I’m Candice & welcome to The Edgy Veg! I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or by-products of animals. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!

___________

Looking For More Vegan Breakfast Recipes?

If you make this recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!

Share My Recipe on Pinterest!Vegan Cream Cheese Recipe

• Yuki says:

may I know how long it can keep in refrigenator?

• tzzz says:

this tasted amazing!! thank you!! the tanginess is spot on to cream cheese’s. i calculated the nutritional facts on this, but somehow got a WAY larger calorie count than yours. 1 tbsp of coconut oil = 120 calories. 5 oz is like almost 10 tbsp of coconut oil.

• Carriejo says:

This recipe is amazing. The combination of spices give it a nice sharp tang. The coconut oil helps iit set up in the fridge so it’s great for spreading. I made this recipe straight up twice except I used chive instead of dill (my personal preference). Firm or soft tofu works. Yesterday we made macaroni and cheese with it- just added a little cashew milk and topped it with Chao Cayenne cheese crumbled. Thanks so much- it’s a family favorite. Glad it just popped up when I was looking for a bagel recipe. 👍

• Steph says:

My husband says he thinks this tastes better than regular cream cheese and he’s soooo picky about vegan recipes. This is going to be a staple in our household!

• KayleeGuy says:

Looking forward to more recipes like this one!

• Philipe Viau says:

This receipe is yummy!
      I couldn’t hold myself from adding fresh green oinions a clove of garlic and a teaspoon of dryed ground shiitake mushrooms

• Sabrina says:

You are the beeeeest!

• Kenzie says:

If all I have is red miso but don’t have the ability to go to the store to get white miso , would that be an okay swap out? I know it would affect the color which I don’t really mind but would it affect the flavor ?

• Regan says:

Turned out great. Can’t wait to try it tomorrow on my bagel 🙂

• Tim says:

can oatmilk be used instead of soy?

• Regan says:

Can you use another plant based milk besides soy? Also is extra firm tofu okay?

I always use soy milk but another thick milk like cashew, rice or oat should have a similar result. Extra-firm should be alright, you just may need to blend a little longer to get a smooth result.

• JERRY P HANEY says:

I attempted to print just your recipe but got 4 pages colored pictures also. Why do I need all the damn pictures? Are you getting a royalty from the printing ink people?

• Rebekka Augustine says:

Would firm silken tofu work? I’ve been having trouble finding regular tofu in these pandemic times.

• Mary says:

Can I leave the oil out? Would I need to replace it to keep the texture accurate “

• Fiona Doherty says:

Just made this an enjoyed it on toast!! So simple and so yummy! I used my food processor as my blender isn’t the greatest so I didn’t get the creamy texture like Candice did that didn’t change the flavor!

• Olivia says:

Super easy and beginner friendly! Way better than any store bought cream cheese!

• Jamie Parks says:

As a vegan chef and vegan food truck owner I would highly recommend this cream cheese recipe! ♥️ It’s so easy and takes no time at all. Give it a try yourself!

• Taryn Schnugh says:

When you say skip the savoury herbs for a sweet cream cheese, does that include the miso and nutritional yeast?

To make the cream cheese sweet, I would include the miso and nutritional yeast because they make it “cheesy”. But skip the garlic, onion, dill

• BRITT says:

Sounds great and much cheaper! Curious if coconut oil could be swapped for something else? Thanks!!