An easy peanut butter stir fry sauce recipe using 5-6 ingredients that you most likely have at home. This recipe includes how to make a vegan stir fry as well as the peanut stir fry sauce. Feel free to make a stir fry with any ingredients you may have at home using any vegetables and rice.
If you’re looking for a “no soy peanut stir fry sauce” just omit the soy sauce! Just substitute based on your needs 🙂
PEANUT BUTTER STIR FRY SAUCE
DAIRY-FREE | SOY-FREE (OPTIONAL)
Because I’m in the middle of moving I had to get creative with my dinner using any leftover ingredients I had left in my fridge and shelves. I used rice as the base, a modified version of my bang bang sauce recipe for the sauce, and a bunch of leftover vegetables and tofu for the stir fry itself.
INGREDIENTS FOR PEANUT BUTTER STIR FRY SAUCE (VEGAN):
- Rice + Water
- Sea salt
- Firm tofu
- Cooking onion
- Frozen peas or any veggies
- Peanut butter (smooth is preferred)
- Sweet chili sauce
- Tamari or soy sauce (substitute if soy-free)
- Rice vinegar
Related Recipe: Bang Bang Broccoli Sauce
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- Sea salt
- 1 block firm tofu, pressed & cut into cubes
- ½ cooking onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled & cut into half-moons
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup salted natural peanut butter (smooth is preferred)
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 2-3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- roughly ¼ cup boiling hot water, as needed
- Start by rinsing the rice under cold water until it runs clear. This will stop the rice from clumping together.
- Add the rice and water to the instant pot with a pinch of salt.
- Close the lid, and close the release valve, and press “RICE”.
- After the machine beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally for at least 10 minutes.
- Open the valve to release the pressure, and fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in an air fryer, set the temperature to 380F, and cook time to 10 mins. Add tofu and air-fry until crispy. I like to go in and shake it halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp of water over medium heat and saute your onions and garlic until translucent, sprinkle with some sea salt to release the liquid from the onion. Add a splash of water as necessary to deglaze the pan.
- Add your carrots and peas, and cook until heated. Set aside.
- While everything is cooking, in a small to medium-sized bowl whisk together peanut butter, sweet chili sauce, tamari or soy sauce, grated ginger, and sriracha. Add Hot water to help it along, and also to thin it out as necessary. Set aside.
- Now, plate your stir fry! Star with a bed of rice, layered with some heated veggies, tofu, and topped with your peanut sauce!
Looking For More Easy Vegan Recipes?
If you make this recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!