How to easily marinade tofu so it tastes delicious raw, baked, fried, stir-fried or air fried, or any other way you can think to cook it. This marinated tofu recipe includes the marinade for tofu as well as how to turn it into a stirfry!
Tofu is a super versatile ingredient. It’s something that a lot of vegans love to eat (myself included). The thing with tofu is that it’s super easy to make bland and boring BUT it’s also super easy to make delicious, flavourful, and exciting. It just needs a little bit of special attention to reach its potential, just like all of us do.
All you need to elevate boring old tofu into a delicious meal is vinegar, soy sauce, time, and heat.
Related Recipe: Sweet and Sour Tofu
Easy Marinated Tofu
DAIRY-FREE | VEGAN | GLUTEN-FREE
EASY MARINATED TOFU INGREDIENTS
For the Tofu Marinade:
- apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- soy sauce or tamari (gluten-free)
For the Dish:
- firm or extra firm tofu
- green bell pepper
- red bell pepper
- cooking onion
- rice, noodles, or base of choice
- sesame seeds
Easy Marinated Tofu Recipe
- Remove the tofu from the package and wrap with a clean dish towel.
- Place the tofu on a cutting board, and cover with a baking sheet, and something heavy, like a cast iron pan or two. Press for a minimum of 15 mins or even overnight.
- Cut tofu into cubes.
- In a bowl or tupperware, stir together vinegar, tamari or soy sauce and water.
- Add tofu cubes and toss to coat, and allow to marinate for a minimum of 15 minutes, up to 24 hours to absorb marinade.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add a touch of oil.
- Add the marinated tofu and cook, stirring occasionally, until all sides are golden brown.
- Remove tofu from skillet and set aside.
- Add vegetables to the skillet with a touch of oil or water and cook until tender.
- Add tofu back in to the pan and stir to combine.
- Serve with rice or noodles of choice and garnish with sesame seeds.
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY TOFU RECIPES?
- Sweet and Sour Tofu
- Vegan Tofu and Mushroom Hot Pot
- Vegan Bento Box
- Crispy Breaded Tofu
- Sesame Ginger Tofu Poke Bowl
Click here for New Vegan Recipes from The Edgy Veg.
If you make this Easy Marinated Tofu recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food creation on social and tag me @edgyveg on your photo so I don’t miss it!