I was inspired by the crispy tofu from the Fresh Restaurant to make my own Crispy Breaded Tofu at home! This 20-mins crispy breaded tofu recipe uses 5 simple ingredients and can be fried, air fried, or baked as a delicious, protein-packed aspect to a meal, or even on their own as a snack.
Related Recipe: Easy Marinated Tofu
Crispy Breaded Tofu
DAIRY-FREE | VEGAN | GLUTEN-FREE
To make these tofu cubes crispy, all you need is nutritional yeast, wheat germ, garlic powder, oil, and salt. Cook them up and enjoy the whole batch as crispy protein-packed bites or top them onto any meal.
CRISPY BREADED TOFU INGREDIENTS
Crispy Tofu Coating:
Crispy Breaded Tofu Recipe
- Remove the tofu from the package and wrap with a clean dish towel.
- Place the tofu on a cutting board, and cover with a baking sheet, and something heavy, like a cast iron pan or two. Press for a minimum of 15 mins or up to overnight.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the milled nutritional yeast, wheat germ, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add tofu cubes and toss until each one is coated completely.
- In large pan, heat at least ½ an inch of oil over medium heat.
- Add tofu and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until evenly browned, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Set air fryer to 350F for 5 minutes, shake the basket and then set for another 5-6 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add tofu to a lined baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until crispy.
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY TOFU RECIPES?
- Sweet & Sour Tofu
- Vegan Tofu and Mushroom Hot Pot
- Tofu Marinade Sauce
- Vegan Bento Box
- Sesame Ginger Tofu Poke Bowl
Click here for New Vegan Recipes from The Edgy Veg.
If you make this crispy breaded tofu recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food creation on social and tag me @edgyveg on your photo so I don’t miss it!