To make the Tiktok whipped coffee (aka dalgona coffee) vegan, all you need is instant coffee, sugar, and plant-based milk!
If you’re looking to make your morning coffee more magical and fluffy than ever before, use this recipe to make velvety smooth, sweet coffee foam to your mug. Most popular coffee trends are originally made non-vegan, but leaving out dairy will not take away from the flavour and texture of this cold latte cloud.
Other Coffee Recipes: Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
What is Dalgona Coffee?
Dalgona coffee is a trend that started in Korea. Like most trends coming from Korea, it is sweet, flavourful, fun and spreads faster than spilled milk. This coffee is a sweet whipped foam served on top of cold milk.
It gets its name from dalgona candy, which is a spongey candy with a similar taste and colour to the coffee cloud. What started as a trend on the social media app Tik Tok is now a coffee craze all around the internet. This coffee definitely has the hype, and here I’ll show you how to make this whipped coffee cloud using vegan pantry staples you probably already have in your kitchen.
VEGAN | DAIRY-FREE | GLUTEN-FREE
This easy fluffy coffee foam can be used to make a latte, served over cold or warm milk, can be made with cinnamon, cardamom or orange zest to make a fragrant, flavoured twist on the traditional coffee taste. You can also refrigerate the foam and use it to top brownies or dip cookies or serve with other sweet treats.
DALGONA COFFEE TIPS:
- Want it hot instead of cold? Just warm up your milk of choice first, add to the glass without ice, and top it with the foam.
- Love cinnamon? Add ¼- ½ tsp cinnamon to the coffee mixture
- Love cardamom? Add ¼ tsp ground cardamom to the coffee mixture for a fragrant warm flavour
- Want Orange dalgona coffee? Add 1 tsp of orange zest to the coffee mixture to create a malty-orange flavoured coffee
- Use for desserts: Refrigerate the foam and use it as a topping for brownies or to dip cookies in.
INGREDIENTS FOR DALGONA COFFEE (VEGAN):
- Instant coffee (both regular and decaf work) *do not use regular coffee grinds*
- Granulated cane or white sugar
- Hot water
- Unsweetened soy or oat milk
- Ice cubes
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
Related Recipe: Bulletproof Coffee
- In a medium bowl, combine instant coffee, sugar and water.
- Using a hand mixer, mix until the ingredients begin to thicken and holds its shape. You can do this with a whisk and your hand, but it could take up to 20 mins.
- Once you have a frothy, peaked golden foam, add some ice and milk to choice to a tall glass, and scoop the coffee foam on top.
- You can top this with cocoa powder, cookie pieces, or chocolate drizzle, or just serve as is.
- Mix before drinking.
I’m Candice & welcome to The Edgy Veg! I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or by-products of animals. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Drink Recipes?
If you make this recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!