Vegan Milk Bar Cookies Recipe
Inspired by the infamous Momofuku Milk Bar cookies, I recreated a vegan version that is closest to the original recipe! I have seen so many different attempts at these milk bar cookies and some recipes either nail it or have revised a few ingredients before perfecting these ooey-gooey, irresistible cookies. Well lucky for you, I have found the perfect recipe that will not disappoint! Grab your cooking gloves because we are about to make the best cookies you’ve ever had.
Alternative ways to make this recipe:
Instead of using cornflakes, you can use pretzels, caramel pieces, or any of your favorite cereal brands to add that yummy, crispy texture. Oatmeal is also a great choice if you want a healthier alternative.
Milk Bar Cookies Recipe
If you are a foodie that loves to travel, you’ve probably tried the most infamous milk bar cookies that originated in New York. There is something so beautiful about this hustle and bustle society that provides the best foods in town, and they never miss a beat when it comes to dessert! Nothing hits the spot better than a bite of these chewy and crispy cookies that you can take with you anywhere.
How many servings does this make?
This recipe makes about 15~20 cookies. You can always increase the size by doubling up your ingredients.
Related Post: Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies
- 1 cup vegan-friendly butter, room temp
- 1 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp aquafaba
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 1 /14 cup mini chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmellow
- Prepare 2 cookie sheets with parchment, not a silicone baking mat (they make the cookies spread too much).
- At a medium-high speed, cream together dairy-free butter, white sugar and brown sugar for about 3 minutes. (in a stand mixer you can use the paddle attachment.) Scraping down the side of the bowlas necessary.
- Add aquafaba and vanilla and beat for 8 minutes on high, scraping down sides of thebowlas necessary.
- At a low speed, start to add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix until the dough just comes together about 1 minute.
- Add cornflakes and chocolate chips, and mix on low until just mixed, about 30-45 seconds.
- Gently stir in the marshmallows.
- Using a large 2¾-ounce scoop, or a regular cookie scoop portion out the dough
- onto the prepared cookie sheets, at least 4 inches apart* (see note). Press down the top to flatten them and cover with plastic wrap.g
- Freeze for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake cookie dough for 18 minutes., rotating the cookie sheet halfway through.
- The cookies are ready when the edges are browned on edges and golden in the center.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the cookie sheet.
Do not bake the cookie dough from room temperature or they will spread out and you will have one giant cookie.
Hey welcome to The Edgy Veg – we veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. We hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Dessert Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!