I’m going to show you how to make a delicious vegan Korean Sausage Bread in 20 minutes! Using simple vegan ingredients, this sausage bread recipe is inspired by a favourite Korean snack food!
This is perfect for a light meal or snack, perfect to share with friends or make with kids and add any sauces or toppings you’d like.
Related Recipe: Air Fryer Pasta Chips
Korean Sausage Bread
Korean Sausage Bread is similar to pigs in a blanket, but with corn, cheese and sauce drizzled over the top. You can eat it as is or pull the sections apart into perfect little bites of sausage and pastry.
All you need to do to make this vegan recipe is mix up the filling, roll out the puff pastry and wrap around the sausage, then slice and twist each bite. Add corn mixture and cook until golden and crispy and drizzle with sauce as desired.
Related Post: Air Fryer Tips & Recipe Hacks
INGREDIENTS FOR KOREAN SAUSAGE BREAD (VEGAN):
- Unsweetened Soy or Oat Milk
- Maple Syrup
- Puff Pastry
- Vegan Sausages
- White Onion
- Frozen Sweet Corn
- Vegan Mayonnaise
- Shredded Mozzarella-Style Vegan Cheese
- Green Onions
- Ketchup, BBQ Sauce or Flavored Vegan-Mayo (optional)
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Measuring Utensils
- Mixing Bowls
- Wooden Spoon or Spatula
- Air Fryer
- Rolling Pin
- Pastry Brush
- Chef’s Knife
- 2 tbsp unsweetened soy or oat milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup (if using sweetened milk, omit this)
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 4 vegan-friendly sausages
- 2 tbsp white onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
- ¼ cup vegan-friendly mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella-style vegan cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
- ketchup, bbq sauce or flavoured vegan-mayo for drizzling
- fresh parsley, chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together soy milk and maple syrup. Set aside.
- In another small-medium-sized bowl, toss together onion, garlic, corn,vegan mayonnaise, half of the green onion, and cheese. Set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry, and divide it into 4 smaller pieces.
- Make sure each dough piece is long enough to fit a sausage, then place a vegan sausage on top of each piece. Wrap the puff pastry completely around the sausage. Smoothing out the pastry to make sure it doesn't have any seams. Place onto a piece of parchment. Repeat.
- Slice the pastry-covered sausage in ½ inch slices, just enough to cut the sausage completely but not all the way through the pastry.
- Alternating left to right, lift each slice of sausage and pastry, and twist and lay it down, flattening them slightly. it should kind of look like leaves on a full branch.
- Two at a time, carefully, transfer the leave-looking sausage pastry to the air fryer using the parchment it's sitting on.
- Brush the pastry with a thin layer of the soy milk mixture we set aside earlier.
- Then top with some of the corn-mayo-cheese mixture, keeping it mostly in the center. You can now drizzle each one with ketchup or BBQ sauce, or leave plain.
- Bake in the air fryer at 390F for about 15-18 minutes, until pastry is golden brown and cheese has melted.
- Remove from the air fryer and sprinkle with remaining green onion, and if you haven't added a sauce drizzle, feel free to do so now (or not).
-other optional toppings: green or red pepper, pickled onion, banana pepper
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Air Fryer Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!