Easy Roasted Garlic
I’m going to show you how to make easy roasted garlic in just 45 mins! Using 4 vegan ingredients, this roasted garlic will elevate your meal and is also amazing when it’s spread on toast.
You can use this in pasta sauces, soups, sandwich spreads, or anywhere you’d like! If you’re a garlic lover like me, keep this in your fridge at all times to improve any meal.
Related Recipe: Vegan Bruschetta
Easy Roasted Garlic
Roasted garlic has a milder flavour than raw and a slightly caramelized and slightly sweet taste because of being cooked in the oven. With a little olive oil, salt and pepper, this roasted garlic becomes a perfect addition to tons of foods.
All you need to do to make this vegan roasted garlic recipe is peel off the papery outer layers on the garlic head, slice the top off to expose the insides of the cloves, then rub a little olive oil, salt and pepper over the top and wrap in tin foil. Bake until soft then let cool and squeeze to reveal your secret ingredient. Make as many as you’d like at one time by individually wrapping each bulb on it’s own.
Related Post: Easy Vegan Garlic Bread
INGREDIENTS FOR ROASTED GARLIC (VEGAN):
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Tin Foil
- 1 or morelarge garlic bulbs
- Olive oil
- sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Peel off the papery outer layers of the whole garlic bulb, but leave the bulb intact. Slice off the top of the garlic bulb (not the root).
- Lay down a sheet of foil and place the garlic bulb cut side up.
- Drizzle garlic bulb with oil and rub with your fingers to coat completely.
- Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Wrap the foil up and around the garlic bulb and place it on a baking tray or oven-safe dish.
- Roast for about 36-40 minutes or until soft and golden.
- Place on a cooling rack for 5 minutes or until cool to touch. Unwrap foil and use garlic right away or store in a container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Spread on bread or crackers, use in sandwiches, or in sauces.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Simple Vegan Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest
Leave a comment