Easy Vegan Gravy Recipe
This 10-mins easy vegan gravy recipe uses simple ingredients & makes the best vegan gravy for thanksgiving. This recipe tastes just like traditional gravy without the use of dairy or other animal products.
This easy vegan gravy recipe uses a broth base and cornstarch mixture to replicate the flavour and thickness of classic gravy. And it pairs perfectly with my vegan Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe.
Related Article: Best Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes
Easy Vegan Gravy
DAIRY-FREE & VEGAN
If you want your holidays to be filled with delicious and flavourful gravy, while being vegan, this simple 10-minute vegan gravy recipe is perfect.
This gravy adds life to any vegan holiday meal, or just any time your plate needs some sauce. This easy vegan gravy is full of flavour, creamy and thick.
Pair It With: Vegan Mashed Potatoes
INGREDIENTS FOR EASY VEGAN GRAVY:
- Vegetable Broth (No-Chicken or No-Beef Flavoured)
- Corn Starch
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Dried Thyme & Dried Rosemary or Poultry Seasoning (usually vegan)
- Nutritional Yeast
- Soy Sauce (To make GF, use GF soy sauce or tamari)
- Mustard Powder
- Salt & Pepper
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
Full Recipe Down Below
- 2½ cups no-chicken or no-beef flavoured vegetable broth (I like better than bouillon mixed with hot water)
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp dried thyme & ¼ tsp dried rosemary or ½ tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or Tamari
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized pan, add the corn starch and vegetable broth of choice, whisk until dissolved.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning, nutritional yeast, soy sauce and mustard, and bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Bring the gravy to a simmer over medium heat, and whisk until it thickens.
- Use on mashed potatoes, vegan poutine, and vegan biscuits.
- add chopped sausage, and ½ cup soy milk or more of a country-style gravy.
- store in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- simply reheat in a saucepan.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Holiday Recipes?
- Garlic Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- Vegan Holiday Roast
- Vegan Stuffing
- Best Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Recipes
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Leave a comment