I discovered how to make an easy vegan turkey roast that’s quick & tasty! I wanted to make it easy for you to make a vegan roast for the holidays, so I’m going to show you how to take a $5 store-bought vegan roast (like tofurkey) and take it to the next level by roasting it with veggies and seasoning!
You can make my homemade vegan holiday roast recipe if you want to make vegan roast made from scratch!
I will show you the steps on how to level-up your store-bought vegan roast to be extra delicious.
Using only 6-ingredients, plus your veggies of choice, take a store-bought frozen roast and turn it into a festive holiday meal that will take the place of a turkey on any holiday feast.
Easy Vegan Roast
MEAT-FREE & VEGETARIAN-FRIENDLY
If you want your holidays to be filled with flavours and scents of a classic holiday roast, while being vegan, this simple upgrade can be made in about an hour and a half. I’ve had a lot of bad vegan holiday meals in my life.
This upgraded vegan roast is flavourful, rich and filling. It pairs perfectly with my super easy Vegan Gravy and Garlic Vegan Mashed Potatoes recipes.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS VEGAN ROAST:
- Vegan Roast of choice (like Tofurky)
- Vegan Butter or Margarine
- Vegetable Broth
- Ground Thyme
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Red Wine (optional)
Veggies of choice:
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Measuring Utensils
- Chef’s Knife
- Roasting Pan with Lid
- Parchment Paper
- Vegetable Peeler
- Turkey Baster (optional)
- 1 vegan roast like Tofurky, thawed in the fridge for 24 hours
- ½ cup vegan butter or margarine, melted
- ¼ cup organic vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp red wine (optional)
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the plastic and clips from the roast.
- For this, a roast pan is best, but any dish with a lid or even foil will work.
- Toss the veggies with about 3 tbsp-1/4 cups of the baste, and add to the dish you are using.
- Place the Tofurky onto a large piece of parchment paper and place it in the center, on top of the veggies and pour over about ½ of the remaining basting liquid.
- Cover and bake for roughly 1 hour 15 mins, basting every 30 mins. Check the roast at 1 hour, all ovens are different.
- After 1 hr and 15 mins (ish), carefully remove the parchment, and pour the reserved basting liquid onto the roast and the veggies and cook uncovered for another 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, prepare your gravy. If you bought the pack that includes the gravy you can use that or use my new easy gravy recipe.
- Remove the roast from the oven, scoop up the liquid at the bottom, and pour it over the roast and veggies.
- Let it rest for a couple of minutes, and then slice with a serrated knife.
- Serve with veggies and of course, gravy.
- If you're low on time and/or ingredients, just baste with ½ cup your favourite vegetable broth, ¼ cup oil of choice, and 2 tbsp soy sauce.
- If you want to upgrade the gravy that came with the Tofurky, simply add 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast, and season to taste.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg– I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Holiday Recipes?
- Best Vegan Stuffing
- Best Vegan Gravy
- Best Vegan Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Best Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Recipes
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!