This easy vegan french toast uses 8-ingredients and can be made within 10 mins. This vegan french toast recipe uses a tofu mixture to replicate an egg mixture often used to dip your bread in before frying. This recipe tastes just like traditional french toast without the use of eggs or dairy products. Use gluten-free bread if you’re looking to make vegan & gluten-free french toast!
Easy Vegan French Toast
EGG-FREE & GLUTEN-FREE OPTION
If you want to wake up and make easy vegan french toast within 4 mins, make the vegan egg mixture in advance so you can just dip your bread right away and fry. Whenever you make the vegan egg dredging liquid ahead of time, you can even freeze it so you can defrost, dip and fry anytime a french toast craving hits.
Related Recipe: Vegan Monte Cristo Pancakes
INGREDIENTS FOR EASY VEGAN FRENCH TOAST:
- Vegan Butter
- Unsweetened Soy Milk
- Coconut Sugar
- Medium or Firm Tofu
- Nutritional Yeast
- Black Salt/Kala Namak
- Vanilla Extract
- Bread (option to use gluten-free)
Optional French Toast Toppings & Garnish:
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted + extra for frying
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar, any sugar really, I just prefer coconut
- ½ cup medium or firm tofu
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp black salt/Kala namak
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 slices of bread (option to use gluten-free)
- To a high-speed blender, add melted vegan butter, soy milk, coconut sugar, tofu, nutritional yeast, Kala namak, and vanilla and blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a large bowl, but shallow bowl.
- Heat a large frying pan over med-high heat (non-stick preferred) and melt 1 tbsp butter.
- In batches, dip a slice of bread into the tofu mixture and coat both sides generously. Place it onto the pan and repeat.
- Cook both sides of the bread for 3 to 4 mins each, or until golden brown.
- Remove each slice from pan and serve with powdered sugar, maple syrup, fresh fruits, or whipped cream.
- When frying, I also like to cook the perimeter of the bread slice by standing it upright for about 2 minutes on each side, or until crispy.
Looking For More Vegan Breakfast Recipes?
- Vegan Savoury Scones
- Full English Breakfast (Vegan)
- The Best Vegan Omelette
- Tater-Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Vegan Scrambled Eggs
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!