Looking for a delicious vegan breakfast scone, just substitute vegan cheese, plant-based milk, and vegan butter to make your scones dairy-free and use crumbled vegan sausage for that extra savoury taste! Fresh out of the oven, these scones are fluffy yet melt in your mouth.
You don’t know what you’re missing til it’s scone… and trust me, you don’t want to miss out on these savoury scones!
VEGAN SAVOURY SCONES
DAIRY-FREE | MEAT-FREE | VEGAN
This recipe makes a batch of 12 scones to share with your household or to re-heat each morning right before you head to work or school. Yes, that’s right! You can freeze the scones and take one out whenever you’re feeling like a savoury scone!
As you know, I try to make my recipes as quick to make as possible and sharing ingredient swaps to make your life easier. For this recipe, we’re using Bisquick baking mix as our main mix, as well as pre-made vegan cheese & vegan sausage (I used Gusta, which I’m obsessed with and truly love!)
VEGAN SCONE INGREDIENTS
This recipe will include the following ingredients:
- Bisquick baking mix (gluten-free option available)
- Dairy-free butter/margarine
- Vegan cheese of choice (I used Gusta Swisso)
- Vegan Sausage of choice (I prefer Gusta Brunch sausages, crumbled)
- Unsweetened soy milk
- Garlic powder
- Dried parsley flakes
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Stand Mixer
- Wooden Spoon
- Ice Cream Scoop or Spoon
- Silicone Baking Mats
- Baking Pan
- Wire Cooling Rack
HOW TO MAKE SAVOURY SCONES
Obviously you can make your own baking mix, vegan cheese and sausage from scratch, but let’s be honest, we ain’t all got time for that! That’s why I wanted to show you how to make tasty vegan savoury scones in 20 minutes!
- 2½ cups Bisquick baking mix
- ¼ cup cold dairy-free butter/margarine
- 1 cup grated Gusta cheese of choice (I used Swisso)
- 3 Gusta Brunch sausages, crumbled
- ¾ cup cold unsweetened soy milk
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the Bisquick with ¼ cup cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or a fork. Do not over mix, you want to ensure there are small chunks of butter about the size of a pea to ensure flaky biscuits.
- to that same bowl, add cheese, soy milk, sausages, garlic powder, and jalapeno. Mix with a wooden spoon to combine, making sure not to over mix.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the top of the biscuits turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare your butter glaze. In a small bowl, stir together ¼ cup melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley.
- When the biscuits are baked through, brush each biscuit with the butter glaze.
- Serve warm.
- Can be served on their own, with butter, or alongside your favourite breakfast spread of tofu scramble, vegan bacon, or fried vegan eggs.
Hey, I’m Candice & welcome to The Edgy Veg! I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or by-products of animals. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
LOOKING FOR MORE VEGAN BREAKFAST RECIPES?
- Vegan “Full English” Breakfast
- Vegan Funfetti Waffles
- Best Oatmeal Recipe
- Vegan Tater Tot Casserole
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins
If you make these savoury vegan cheese and sausage scones, let me know what you think by leaving a star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food creation on social and tag me @edgyveg on your photo so I don’t miss it!