Not only is this Tater Totchos recipe vegetarian + vegan (like everything on my website), it’s also delicious, comforting and perfect for brunch or even as a savory snack (i.e. Netflix & Chill, Super Bowl, etc.)!
Today, I’m going to show you how to turn basic tater tots into decadent and crave-worthy Tater Totchos! On my YouTube channel, I show you 3 ways to level up your tater tots into 1) Tater Tot Nachos, 2) the BEST Tater Tot Casserole and 3) Vegan Bacon-wrapped Tater Tots.
Whether you’re having friends over for a plant-based brunch , hosting a Super Bowl Party, or need an afternoon appetizer that everyone will love, these totchos are perfect for any occasion! Now let me show you how to take tater tots and transform them into fully-loaded Tater Totchos.
PS: If you want to view or print the recipe card, just scroll down for the full list of ingredients and simple instructions on how to make tater tot nachos.
How To Make Tater Tot Nachos Recipe
Never miss a video by clicking here to Subscribe to my Channel!
These tater totchos are made with veggie ground round, vegan cheese, corn, jalapeños, cherry tomatoes, easy guacamole, vegan sour cream and cilantro.
To begin making this tater tot nachos recipe, you first want to bake your fave tater tots! Next, take veggie ground round and heat it up on medium high heat. Sprinkle any organic taco seasoning on top and add a lit bit of water. Cook until it’s heated through. It will start smelling like a fiesta in your kitchen! 😉
After you cook your tater tots, place them into a casserole dish to start the nachos process. Once your veggie ground round is browned, add it on top of your tater tots; spreading it out.
Next, add some corn, vegan cheese shreds, and toss it into the oven. You can also use your fave vegan cheese sauce instead. You can literally load whatever you want that you would typically add on your nachos.
Once your cheese is melted, take it out of the oven and top your tatchos with some sliced or pickled jalapeños and chopped cherry tomatoes (or salsa). Next, add a pile of vegan sour cream and a pile of guacamole on top to dip your tots in.
For the final touches, garnish your vegan tatchos with green onions and cilantro. And voilà! The best Tater Totchos Recipe for your movie night or party appetizer!
If you want more vegan recipes, click here for my newest recipes.
Save / Print This Tater Totchos Recipe
- 1 bag prepared tater tots
- 2 cups Veggie Ground round
- ½ packet taco seasoning of choice
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 1-2 cups vegan cheese sauceor vegan cheese shreds
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 jalapeño sliced or pickled jalapeños
- ½ cup vegan sour cream
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake or air-fry the tater tots as per package instructions then arrange them in a single layer on a lined baking sheet.
- Heat veggie ground round in pan on medium-high heat. Sprinkle the taco seasoning on top of the ground round and add a lit bit of water, about ¼ cup. This is just to help provide moisture and infused the ground round with the seasoning. Cook, stirring constantly until it's heated through.
- Sprinkle the ground round over the arranged tater tots then top with corn and cheese sauce (my recipe here), or cheese shreds.
- Bake the totchos until the cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the tochos from the oven and top them with the sliced tomatoes, and jalapeno slices.
- Add a pile of vegan sour cream and a pile of prepared guacamole on top to dip your tots in.
- Garnish your vegan totchos with green onions and cilantro.
- Serve immediately
You guys are going to love this Tater Totchos recipe! Once you try it, come back & leave me a comment below with your star rating and feedback! If you make this, share it on social! Tag @edgyveg on your photo & add the hashtag #theedgyveg in your caption so I don’t miss it!
Pin this Tater Totchos Recipe to Pinterest