The best portobello mushroom tacos! Vegan & Vegetarian friendly and made in 15 mins using fresh ingredients and tasty seasonings!
My portobello mushroom tacos recipe is healthy and simple! Prepare in advance for easy meal prep or put out a whole taco night spread to spoil your household for taco Tuesday.
Related Recipe: Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos with Slaw
Portabello Mushroom Tacos
DAIRY-FREE & GLUTEN FREE
These portabello mushroom tacos are perfect for feeding a table full of hungry people. Full of flavour and whole-foods, this plant-based dinner can be made in advance or served fresh to a table full of taco lovers.
INGREDIENTS FOR PORTABELLO MUSHROOM TACOS:
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Shredded Green Cabbage
- Lime Juice
- Pickled Red Onion
- Vegan Cheese of Choice (I like to use my feta or ricotta recipe)
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
FULL RECIPE DOWN BELOW!
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 portobello mushrooms, stems removed & sliced (can also use 2-8oz packages of sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbspolive oil
- pickled red onion, optional and can sub for raw diced red onion
- vegan cheese of choice, I like to use my feta or ricotta recipe
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded & chopped (optional)
- 6 tortillas, warmed
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together; 2 tbsp olive oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, chilli powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. Add the mushroom slices and toss to coat.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat, and in batches, sauté the mushrooms for 3-5 mins on each side, or until liquid is released and they brown.
- Once each batch of mushrooms is cooked, add them back to the pan, remove from heat, and mix in the cilantro.
- Meanwhile, massage shredded cabbage with 1 tbsp olive oil, and 1 -2 tbsp lime juice.
- Assemble tacos with cabbage on the bottom, mushrooms, cilantro, pickled red onion, jalapeños and vegan cheese.
Looking For More Vegan Taco Night Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!