This is an easy recipe for Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos with Slaw you can make at home!
Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos are a super quick and easy meal that everyone will love. These tacos are basically buffalo cauliflower wings with slaw and ranch sauce, inside a taco. It’s delicious and always a crowd-pleaser!
How To Make: Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TACOS
DAIRY-FREE | SOY-FREE | VEGAN
If you want to view or print the recipe card, just scroll down for the full list of ingredients & simple instructions on how to make this Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TACOS (VEGAN):
- Hard taco shells or soft tacos
- Red onion, diced
- Vegan ranch
- Fresh Cilantro (optional)
- Lime wedge (optional)
- Garlic powder
- Nutritional yeast
- Coconut oil or vegan butter, melted
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce or Buffalo Sauce of choice
- Cauliflower florets
Ingredients if you want your Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos with Slaw:
To make the Vegan Taco Slaw:
Whisk apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, celery salt, dried dill, and black pepper together in a small bowl. Set this aside. In a larger bowl, combine grated cabbage, carrots, and cilantro (if you don’t like cilantro, you can use parsley instead). Pour the dressing over the vegetables and gently mix together. If you prefer more dressing, add a little more apple cider vinegar and maple syrup. This slaw is best made the night before and left in the fridge to marinate and allow the flavours to absorb.
To make the Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Wings:
Add garlic powder, nutritional yeast, salt, and cornstarch to a large bowl. Add the melted coconut oil or vegan butter, and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. Whisk until combined. Add more hot sauce or oil if needed. Toss in cauliflower florets, and coat with sauce. To bake, add cauliflower to a lined baking sheet, and bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes, flipping half way through cook time. In the air fryer, add cauliflower to the air fryer basket, and cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, shaking half way through cook time.
I like to use hard shell tacos for this recipe, because the cauliflower wings aren’t breaded, the shell gives a perfect crunch to these tacos. You can use any kind of tortilla you prefer. To assemble the taco, start with some Vegan Taco Slaw, add some of the cooked cauliflower wings, diced onion, and a drizzle of vegan ranch. Garnish with cilantro and a wedge of lime.
- 12 hard taco shells
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup vegan ranch dressing
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Celery salt
- 1 tsp Dried dill
- ½ tsp Black ground pepper
- 2 cups Red cabbage, chopped thin
- 2 Carrots, grated
- Handful of Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, celery salt, dried dill, and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cabbage, grated carrots, and cilantro. Next, add the dressing. Add more vinegar necessary. Set slaw aside.
- In a large bowl, add garlic powder, nutritional yeast, salt, and cornstarch.
- Add the melted coconut oil or vegan butter, and Hot Sauce. Whisk until combined. Add more hot sauce or oil if needed.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the bowl, and toss to coat with sauce.
- To bake: add cauliflower to a lined baking sheet, and bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes, flipping half way through cook time. OR, if using an air fryer, add cauliflower to the air fryer basket, and cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, shaking half way through cook time.
- Add some Vegan Taco Slaw to the taco shell, add some of the cooked cauliflower wings on top, diced onion, and a drizzle of vegan ranch.
- Garnish with cilantro and a wedge of lime.
Looking For More Easy Vegan Recipes?
If you make this recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!