Vegan Mexican Street Corn. Delicious roasted corn on the cobb topped with Mexican dairy-free cashew sour cream, and dairy-free cheese, chopped cilantro, Ancho chili powder and a squeeze of fresh lime. These vegan Elotes, also known as Mexican Street Corn, are a fun and delicious way to celebrate the coming of spring and summer! Perfect for your vegan Cinco de Mayo party, or if you’re looking for some fresh and easy vegan BBQ ideas this summer. Whether you roast them in the oven or atop your grill, these are going to be a crowd pleaser! These are often cut in half and served as an appetizer in Mexican restaurants, but are also fantastic alongside, tacos, burritos or whatever you love to cook at your meat-free BBQ.
If you do not have a BBQ, not to worry! You can roast corn in the oven. It’s actually one of my favourite ways to eat corn!
How to roast corn in the oven: Preheat oven to 400F. Place corn directly onto the rack of your oven and roast for 20 mins.
If using a BBQ: Cook the corn on the grill until it is cooked through and has light charring, about 20-30 mins. Keep warm.
To make vegan Mexican Street Corn Simply; Cook the corn according to your preference, stove or grill. Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl whisk together the cashew sour cream, vegan mayo, minced garlic, cilantro, and salt until smooth. When the corn is ready and cooled enough to handle, but still warm; spread the cream mixture all over each piece of cooked corn and garnish with vegan cheese of choice (I used sheese), a sprinkling of chili powder, cilantro, and lime wedges.
Learn How to Make Vegan Mexican Street Corn Below
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- ⅓ cup cashew sour cream
- ⅓ cup vegan-friendly mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder or paprika powder
- 1 tbsp finely minced cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ cup of crumbled vegan feta (I used Sheese) or vegan cheese of choice
- ¼ tsp of sea salt
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place corn directly onto the rack of your oven and roast for 20 mins.
- Cook the corn on the grill until it is cooked through and has light charring.
- Spread the mixture all over the cooked corn and garnish with vegan cheese of choice, sprinkling of chili powder, cilantro, and lime wedges.