Best Vegan Queso Dip (Dairy-Free)
The best vegan queso dip in under 20 mins! Using cashews, nutritional yeast and a few other ingredients, you can make an incredible creamy vegan queso at home!
This simple, gluten-free, vegan queso sauce is the perfect recipe for any occasion! Serve with lots of tortilla chips and enjoy this cheesy vegan queso dip as an easy appetizer or snack for movie night!
Related Recipe: Vegan Hummus Dip
Vegan Queso Dip
DAIRY-FREE & GLUTEN FREE
For a super easy, whole-foods based appetizer, this vegan queso dip is rich and cheesy! Serve in a wide dish with lots of tortilla chips and dig into this savoury cheese dip with a kick!
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN QUESO BLANCO DIP:
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
FULL RECIPE DOWN BELOW!
How to make the cheesiest vegan queso dip?
Well, a potato’s natural starch blended with cashews and soy milk will give you the gooiest, velvety cheese texture. The Nutritional yeast and typical queso seasoning mix-ins will give you a queso dip so rich and flavourful, you won’t miss the dairy.
I like soy milk best for this recipe because it’s thick and has a high protein content which helps the texture of the dip. Soy milk also won’t make this recipe too sweet, but you could opt for an unsweetened plant-based milk. If you want a soy-free version of this recipe, or you prefer another type of milk, unsweetened oat, rice or cashew milk will work as well.
- 1 large potato, peeled, cubed and boiled
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup soy milk
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp pickled chillies juice (optional for spice)
- ½ cup pickled chillies, drained (optional for spice)
- ½ tsp salt, plus more to salt the boiling water
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ cup pickled chillies, drained & chopped
- pinch of cayenne
- additional soy milk if the consistency is too thick
- Boil potato in salted water until soft, roughly 15 mins.
- In the meantime, place the following in a blender: cashews, soy milk, vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, pickled chilli juice, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, mustard powder, and pickled chillies (optional for spice).
- Drain potato and reserve the liquid.
- Place potato also in the blender. Blend until very smooth.
- Add reserved liquid as necessary until the desired consistency is reached.
- Taste and salt if desired.
- Add the vegan queso into a serving dish and stir in diced chillies and tomatoes. Garnish with additional tomatoes, pickled chillies, and cayenne.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Looking For More Cheesy Vegan Recipes?
- Tofu Cream Cheese
- Dairy-Free Ricotta Cheese
- Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Vegan Nacho Cheese
- Best Vegan Feta Cheese
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Leave a comment