Vegan instant ramen is an easy meal to make if you’re a student, feeling lazy, low on groceries, or just needing an easy, quick fix for comfort food.
As I do with many classic dishes, today I’m going to level-up a package of vegetable instant noodles and turn it into a quick vegan instant ramen.
This leveled-up instant ramen adds a crazy amount of flavour without adding too much cost or time to making your bowl of soup. This recipe makes a spicy, creamy bowl of noodles that adds nutrients and flavour to a simple meal.
Related Recipe: Crispy Breaded Tofu
Most instant ramen packages are already vegan, but be sure to check the ingredients or opt for the vegetable flavours. Share with a friend who is feeling under the weather or enjoy on a cloudy day when you need a warmed belly.
I saw a version of this hack on a Korean Tik Tok account and had to try it. Like many Tik Tok recipes, this is an easy bowl made with simple ingredients.
Related Recipe: Vegan Hot Pot
VEGAN | DAIRY-FREE | EGG-FREE
Today I’m sharing with you an easy, levelled-up ramen recipe. This recipe uses simple, pantry staple ingredients, and you probably already have them in your kitchen. This soup is a perfect first step for those of us who aren’t pro chefs… yet.
INGREDIENTS FOR CREAMY SPICY RAMEN:
- Vegetable Flavoured Instant Ramen
- Sesame Oil
- Bok Choy
- Frozen Corn
- Green Onion/Scallion
- Unsweetened Soy Milk or Coconut Milk
- Protein of choice like tofu cubes, sliced seitan, etc.
- Toasted black sesame seeds
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
Full Recipe Measurements & Instructions are down below!
Are any instant noodles vegan?
Many vegetable Instant noodles are vegan but always look at the ingredient list just to make sure. The package of Mr Noodles Vegetable Flavour Instant noodles I use is vegan. The ingredients list for the noodles is enriched wheat flour, palm oil, salt, sugar, guar gum, garlic powder. The Soup base ingredients are salt, monosodium glutamate, sugar, onion powder, soy sauce powder (soybeans, salt, wheat), vegetable flavour, yeast extract powder (dried bread yeast, water), disodium inosinate and disodium guanylate, caramel, dried leek, celery seed powder, soybean powder, black pepper powder.
- 1 package of instant ramen, vegetable flavour
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp-1 tbsp Sriracha (depending on your desired spice level)
- 2 bok choy cut into quarters lengthwise
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- 1 green onion/scallion, chopped, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 seasoning packet
- ¾ cups unsweetened soy milk or coconut milk
- ¼ cup protein of choice like tofu cubes, sliced seitan, vegan bacon strips etc
- Toasted black sesame seeds, to garnish
- In a small saucepan, bring water to boil. Add the instant ramen noodles and cook for 3 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Drain the noodles and place them into your serving bowl.
- Using the same saucepan, heat sesame oil and sriracha over medium heat. Add the bok choy, frozen corn and ½ of the green onions and a splash of water, and steam, stirring constantly until the bok choy is wilted slightly, about 2-3 mins.
- Add the flavour packet, 1 cup water, and soy milk, stir until the powder is dissolved and well combined. Bring soup to a boil, and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, Prepare whatever protein you want with your soup.
- Pour the hot soup over the noodles, and top with your protein and remaining green onions.
I’m Candice & welcome to The Edgy Veg! I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or by-products of animals. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Noodle Recipes?
- Vegan Pad Kee Mao
- Vegan Hot Pot
- Vegan Italian Wedding Soup
- Easy Crock-Pot Lasagna Soup
- Pumpkin Sage Soup
If you make this recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!