Veganizing Gigi Hadid’s Spicy “Vodka” Pasta Recipe
Gigi Hadid‘s Pasta Recipe (Vegan)
Creamy tomato penne has been around for centuries but has shortly been forgotten until Gigi Hadid brought it back to life with her own twist. This pasta took over the internet and as a vegan recipe creator, I had to recreate this trend for the vegan community. Using a few key techniques, you can make this elegant yet simple meal with just 8 ingredients. By swapping out a few key ingredients with vegan alternatives, you can enjoy the notorious Gigi Hadid pasta!
Alternative ways to make this recipe:
If you are gluten-intolerant, you can substitute the pasta with gluten-free options. To achieve the creamy texture you can use any cream alternatives like cashew cream, vegan creamers, smooth blended soft tofu, or even vegan cheese and nutritional yeast. There are tons of different substitutes you can use as a dairy replacer.
Related Recipe: Vegan Feta Pasta
Creamy Tomato Pasta
Pasta is one of the most simple yet versatile meals you can make into a vegan and allergy-free recipe! Whether you are a seasoned chef or a novice home-cook, pastas like these are a perfect way to impress your guests with a minimal amount of effort.
A little trick I like to do with my pasta leftovers is to save the extra pasta water in a jar, store it in the fridge until the next time I am cooking a pasta dish. Then heat it up with leftovers in a pan by adding small amounts of pasta water to get it smooth again to taste just like the first time.
How many servings does this make?
This recipe makes between 4-6 servings, perfect for family dinner or a date night.
Related Post: 15+ Vegan Pasta Recipes
INGREDIENTS FOR GIGI HADID CREAMY TOMATO PASTA (VEGAN):
- Olive Oil
- Tomato Paste
- Cashew Cream or Unsweetened Dairy-Free Creamer
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Dried Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- Vegan Parmesan or Vegan Mozzarella
- Optional Garnishes: Parsley and Red Pepper Flakes
- 16 ounces penne
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely minced
- ⅔ cup tomato paste
- 1⅓ cup cashew cream or any dairy-free creamer (make sure its unsweetened)
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes or to taste
- 2 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup vegan parmesan or vegan mozzarella + more to taste
- pasta water
- optional garnishes: finely chopped parsley and red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and salt with at least 1 tbsp of salt. Cook according to package directions.
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and then drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a stir fry pan saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomato paste and cook for about 4 mins. The tomato paste will darken to a red-brown colour.
- Stir in your dairy-free cream of choice, red pepper flakes, and dried basil and simmer for 3 mins.
- Stir in dairy-free cheese of choice, dairy-free butter, and ½ cup pasta water.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Add cooked pasta and stir to coat each noodle evenly. Add more pasta water as needed.
- To serve; garnish with more dairy-free cheese, parsley, and additional chilli flakes if you desire.
Hey welcome to The Edgy Veg – we veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. We hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Easy Vegan Pasta Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Leave a comment