This quick broccolini pasta recipe uses 6-ingredients including garlic, pasta of choice and broccolini (or broccoli if you prefer). It’s perfect for any quick lunch or weeknight dinner and uses simple ingredients you have at home.
In just 10 minutes, you can make this easy vegan pasta dish in just one pan. It’s simple, filling & delicious!
Broccolini Pasta Recipe
This 10-mins broccolini pasta is great to enjoy when you don’t have much time for cooking, as it uses only 6 ingredients plus a few optional garnishes. If you don’t have access to broccolini, simply swap for broccoli or asparagus.
Related Recipe: Vegan Gnocchi + Sauce
INGREDIENTS FOR BROCCOLINI PASTA (VEGAN):
- Broccolini or Broccoli
- Pasta (I used Spaghetti)
- Salt (for boiling water)
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice (optional)
- Parsley (optional)
- Chilli Flakes (optional)
- Vegan Cheese (optional)
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- 2 bunches broccolini or broccoli, chopped
- 1 lb uncooked pasta (I used spaghetti)
- 1½ tbsp salt for boiling water
- ½ cup reserved pasta water (for sauce)
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced or minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 handful parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp chili flakes (optional for extra spice)
- ½-1 cupvegan cheese of choice (optional)
- lemon juice (optional)
- Add salt to large pot of water. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch the broccolini in the boiling water for a minute or 2 mins. If you have frozen broccolini or broccoli, cook or steam based on your preference.
- Remove Broccolini with a slotted spoon or fine-mesh sieve. You can also use a strainer for your broccolini or broccoli. Set aside.
- Add pasta to boiling water, and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and sliced or minced garlic in a large pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until fragrant and lightly browned, 5 mins.
- Add broccolini, chili flakes, and optional seasoning to the large pan with garlic.
- Next, add your pasta, by transferring it from the water with a slotted spoon or tongs, directly into the oil. Feel free to add optional parsley. Toss to coat.
- Add ½ cup of pasta water into the pan and bring to a boil, stirring gently.
- Turn off the heat, and gently stir until the "sauce" thickens.
- If you want a cheesy pasta, sprinkle in vegan cheese, and mix well until cheese melts.
- Serve on a plate and top with a squeeze of lemon.
Looking For More Vegan Pasta Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!