This 10-mins vegan creamy garlic pasta sauce is so quick and delicious to make! The vegan garlic sauce can be made completely in a blender and added to any pasta you like!
Add any fresh or frozen veggies you wish to add! This vegan recipe is super customizable!
This vegan pasta sauce can be made in advance and left in a container in the fridge for easy pasta meals. It can also simply be made gluten-free by swapping traditional pasta for gluten-free.
I like to keep soaked cashews in my fridge for when I’m craving something creamy like this cream sauce. When you want to make this vegan creamy pasta sauce, just throw these ingredients into a blender, boil some pasta and add your veggies of choice!
Related Recipe: Vegan Stuffed Shells with Ricotta
Creamy Garlic Pasta Sauce
VEGAN | GLUTEN-FREE OPTION
This vegan creamy garlic pasta sauce recipe is the perfect balance of creamy, garlicky and all around yummy. Serve with a side salad or vegan meat alternative.
INGREDIENTS FOR CREAMY GARLIC VEGAN PASTA SAUCE:
- Garlic of choice (seasoning, minced, etc)
- Pasta of choice, reserve some pasta water
- Raw cashews, soaked overnight
- Unsweetened plant-based milk of choice (i use soy milk)
- Nutritional yeast
- Onion powder
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional veggies; spinach, grape tomatoes, peas, mushrooms, onions, tofu, etc.
Tip: If you don’t have access to garlic seasoning, you can also use 2 cloves of garlic (less or more depending on how much garlic you love!)
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Pasta of choice, cooked & 1 cup liquid reserved
- 1-2 tsp garlic seasoning or 2 cloves of garlic (add extra if you love garlic)
- 1 -1½ cups unsweetened plant-based milk of choice (I use soy)
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice, as needed
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Pepper and Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- Optional add-ons: spinach, halved grape tomatoes, frozen peas, diced tofu, sauteed mushrooms and onion.
- Cook pasta of choice.
- In a blender, combine garlic, cashews, plant-based milk, olive oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and onion powder. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Drain pasta, reserving at least 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Transfer pasta back into the pot, add veggie add-ons and top with the creamy garlic pasta sauce. Add ¼ cup of pasta water to start. Over medium heat give everything a toss, and add more pasta water as needed to create a silky sauce. Taste and add salt, pepper, and spice as needed.
- Serve and garnish (I used fresh parsley).
- The sauce will keep for 3-5 days in the fridge. It will thicken, simply thin with reserved pasta sauce during next use, or vegetable broth if using over veggies without pasta.
Hi! I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg! I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or by-products of animals. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Pasta Recipes?
- Vegan Rose Pasta (One-Pot)
- Vegan Stuffed Shells with Tofu Ricotta
- Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Walnut Pasta Sauce
- Vegan Pizzocheri
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!