Vegan Cacio e Pepe Pasta Recipe
I’m going to show you how to make a simple vegan cacio e pepe pasta recipe! This cacio e pepe has no cashews (nut-free), uses 3 simple ingredients, and can be made around 10 mins! It’s super easy & quick!
If you want cashews, you could blend them up and add them to cheese to make an extra creamy sauce.
Related Recipe: Vegan Penne All’Arrabbiata
Cacio e Pepe
VEGAN & NUT-FREE
This vegan cacio e pepe recipe is made in one pan so you won’t be dirting many dishes like other recipes. Using only 3 ingredients, you can show off your chef-worthy pasta skills and impress your household.
This is a perfect weeknight meal that’s also a restaurant-quality pasta. It’s rich, creamy, & carb-tastic!
Related Recipe: Vegan Creamy Garlic Pasta
INGREDIENTS FOR CACIO e PEPE (VEGAN):
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Dairy-Free Parmesan Cheese (get a nut-free one if you have alllergies or choose any cheese of choice)
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Large Pan
- Food Scale (optional)
- 12oz (340g) spaghetti
- 1¼ tsp (roughly) freshly cracked black pepper
- 1-2 cups dairy-free parmesan cheese (nut-free or other cheese of choice)
- 5 cups water
- Sea salt, as needed
- In a large non-stick pan, toast the black pepper over medium heat, about 1-2 mins. Remove and set aside.
- Add 5 cups of water to the pan (yes pan), along with some salt and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until it is just shy of being al dente, about 7-9 mins.
- Add vegan cheese of choice, and peppercorns to the pan, and mix in the heat, until a creamy sauce forms.
- Serve immediately, on a hot plate, sprinkled with additional pepper, vegan cheese, and salt to taste.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Pasta Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Leave a comment