I’m going to show you how to make a simple penne all’arrabbiata recipe made in 15 mins using penne and a homemade arrabbiata sauce (that’s vegan-friendly)!
This is a perfect weeknight meal that’s rich, flavourful, and spicy (arrabbiata is typically spicy but you can omit the chili flakes if you don’t want it spicy).
Related Recipe: Vegan Cacio e Pepe Recipe
VEGAN & NUT-FREE
Penne all arrabbiata is traditionally made vegan, the key to this 7-ingredient recipe is using the best quality ingredients you can find. Using only 7 ingredients, you can have a delicious penne all-arrabbiata pasta dinner for 4 in under 15 minutes.
Related Recipe: Vegan Carbonara Recipe
INGREDIENTS FOR PENNE all’ARRABBIATA (VEGAN):
- Penne Pasta
- Olive Oil
- Chili Flakes
- Canned Peeled Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Fresh Parsley
- Vegan Parmesan (optional topping)
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Chop the tomatoes, you can do this with a knife in a bowl, with the back of a wooden spoon in a bowl or a hand blender in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and chili flakes and lightly brown; about 30 sec- 1 min. Be very careful not to overcook, or it will be very bitter.
- Add tomatoes, and tomato paste, and season with salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a rolling simmer, and simmer uncovered until the sauce thickens slightly (about 10-15 mins).
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water (1/2 tsp-1 tsp salt) to a boil and cook pasta until al dente, about 7-9 mins.
- Add the pasta to the sauce with tongs or a pasta ladle, and stir until the pasta is coated, add some pasta water as needed. Season to taste, and stir in parsley, and serve.
Looking For More Vegan Pasta Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!