Kimchi Fries Recipe
I’m going to show you how to make kimchi fries in under 20 minutes! Using 10 ingredients, this kimchi fries recipe is super easy and delicious!
These levelled-up fries are perfect as a side or a snack You can adjust anything to your personal taste and add additional toppings like chopped peanuts or even a drizzle of kewpie mayo!
Related Recipe: Pad Thai Fries
For my kimchi fries, I like to cook mine in the oven or air fryer, then add sauces, nuts, vegetables, pickled toppings and other accoutrements to turn a basic serving of french fries into a meal fit for a food festival! You can take these kimchi fries in so many different ways and incorporate so many different flavours into a simple humble fry.
All you need to do to make this recipe is cook your frozen fries according to package directions, make the sriracha butter sauce in a skillet. Then cook the kimchi, toss the fries in the sauce and layer up the fries and toppings to serve. That’s it!
Is Kimchi vegan?
Kimchi seems like it should be vegan since basic ingredients are cabbage, radish, and scallions. However, traditional kimchi is made with fish ingredients to up the umami and saltiness of Kimchi. But most health food stores or larger Asian markets carry fish-free or vegan kimchi. If the front label doesn’t say “vegan” just check the ingredients on the back.
Kimchi is an amazing source of probiotics and is full of flavour. It’s truly one of my favourite condiments or sides. If you can’t find vegan kimchi where you live, I have a recipe for Fish Free Kimchi in my cookbook.
Related Post: Vegan Loaded Breakfast Fries
INGREDIENTS FOR KIMCHI FRIES (VEGAN):
- Frozen Fries (I chose waffle fries)
- Butter (Plant-based or vegan)
- Sriracha Sauce
- Lime Juice
- Bean Sprouts (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Green Onions (optional)
- Sesame Seeds (optional)
Full Recipe Down Below!
- 1 package frozen fries
- ½ cup vegan butter
- 1 cup Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup vegan kimchi, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts (ready to eat)
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Prepare your frozen fries according to package instructions.
- Melt vegan butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in Sriracha sauce and lime juice and bring to a bubble over medium-high heat, whisking constantly to make a delicious sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium and whisk for 5-10 mins or until slightly thickened.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, cook vegan kimchi over medium-high heat for 3 mins until softened. Set aside.
- Place fries into the bowl with half the sauce and toss to coat. Add more sauce to your liking, or save some for dipping.
- Lay fries out onto serving dish and top fries with bean sprouts, vegan kimchi, cilantro and green onions. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately with a side of vegan mayonnaise (optional).
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Recipes Using French Fries?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Leave a comment