I’m going to show you how to make a vegan breakfast pastry with vegan puff pastry, vegan cheese, plant-based milk, maple syrup and optionally veggie bacon or ham slices and tomato.
Using simple vegan alternatives, you can make easy vegan breakfast pastries.
Related Recipe: Mung Bean Eggs
Vegan Breakfast Pastry
You can really get creative with these vegan breakfast pastries. The recipe I give here uses my breakfast toppings but you can change it up however you’d like with different vegan cheese flavors, veggies, and plant-based meats.
All you need to do to make this vegan recipe is roll out the puff pastry and cut into rectangles, then par-bake to get them to rise. Then mix your choice of vegan egg and cheese and pour into the centre of the pastry and top with veggie bacon and tomato. Bake until golden and cheesy.
Related Post: Vegan Loaded Breakfast Fries
INGREDIENTS FOR BREAKFAST PASTRY (VEGAN):
- Puff Pastry (many store-bought are accidentally vegan)
- Maple Syrup
- Unsweetened Soy Milk
- Plant-Based Egg Liquid (click here for my recipe)
- Vegan Cheese (Mozzarella)
- Optional: Vegan Bacon or Veggie Ham
- Optional: Tomato
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Measuring Utensils
- Mixing Bowls
- Small Pan
- Rolling Pin
- Chef’s Knife
- Pastry Brush
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper or Silicone Mat
- Preheat the oven to 390F.
- In a small pan cook up vegan bacon or ham in 1 tbsp of oil, until crispy. Set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup and soy milk. Set aside.
- Unroll the puff pastry and cut it into four equal-size rectangles and place it on a lined baking sheet. Using a sharp knife score a 1cm from the edge border on each piece of pastry. Make sure you don't go all the way through. Peirce the center all over with a fork.
- Brush each with a small amount of the soy milk mixture and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until pastry just beginning to golden.
- Meanwhile, mix together cheese and plant-based eggs. Set aside.
- Remove from the oven and gently push down the center of the tart.
- Carefully and evenly pour egg mixture into the center of each tart.
- Sprinkle with cooked bacon or ham and place a slice of tomato on top. Bake for another 8-10 minutes or until the eggs are set and pastry is golden.
- Season tomato with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley. Serve warm or cold.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Brunch Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest