Vegan Cubano Sandwich
I’m going to show you how to make a vegan Cubano sandwich in under 10 mins! Some people also google “Vegan Cuban sandwich” looking for this delicious sandwich. Using simple vegan sandwich ingredients, this Cuban-inspired sandwich tastes just like the classic version.
Whether you’re looking for a homemade Cubano sandwich or new vegan sandwich ideas to pack for lunch, this delicious sandwich is perfect for those who want to make a new sandwich using only 7 ingredients!
Related Recipe: Vegan Reuben Sandwich
Vegan Cubano Sandwich
This meaty and cheesy sandwich is a classic that originates from the Cuban community in South Florida. Though similar to other meat-based sandwiches this sandwich hits the spot with pickles, mustard and a pressed, toasted bun! There are tons of variations of this sandwich and this is the vegan version based on my favourite combination of a Cubano sandwich!
All you need to do to make this vegan recipe is cook your vegan meats, spread mustard on the soft loaf, add vegan cheese and pickles, the cooked vegan meats, then toast the sandwich in a sandwich press or skillet until toasted and the cheese has melted.
Related Post: 20+ Vegan Sandwiches
INGREDIENTS FOR CUBANO SANDWICH (VEGAN):
- Veggie Sausages
- Vegan Ham
- Hogie Bread or Rolls
- Yellow Mustard
- Vegan Swiss-Style Cheese
- Dill Pickle Slices
- Vegan Butter
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
Full Recipe Down Below
- 4 veggie sausages, halved lengthwise
- 6 slices vegan ham
- 2 loaves hogie bread or 4 rolls, split lengthwise
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- 8 slicesvegan Swiss-style cheese
- 8 dill pickle slices
- softened vegan butter
- Preheat a sandwich press or a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook sausages until heated through and slightly charred, turning. Set aside.
- Add veggie ham to the pan and cook until lightly charred, turning once. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, spread both halves of your buns or bread with mustard. Layer with swiss cheese, sausage, ham and pickles.
- Close sandwiches and spread butter all over the outside of the buns. Cook on your sandwich press or skillet, for about 5 minutes, or until outside of the bun is golden brown, and cheese is melted, flipping once.
- Slice and serve with chips.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Sandwich Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share This Vegan Recipe on Pinterest
Leave a comment