I’m going to show you how to make a vegan Reuben Sandwich in under 10 mins! Using simple vegan ingredient swaps, this vegan Reuben is just like the classic version from a deli.
Whether you’re looking for a homemade Reuben sandwich or something different to pack for lunch, this vegan meaty sandwich is made using only 5 ingredients & my recipe for a Russian dressing, but you can use whatever dressing you want.
Related Recipe: Grilled Portabello Mushroom Sandwich
This thick meaty and cheesy Reuben sandwich is a North American classic at delicatessens. Though similar to other sandwiches like smoked meat sandwiches, the use of saurkraut in this version gives it a kick and the swiss cheese melts perfectly into the sandwich!
All you need to do to make this vegan recipe is spread the Russian dressing on rye bread, stack your vegan meat and cheese and toast in a buttered pan until warm and melty.
Related Post: 20+ Vegan Sandwiches
INGREDIENTS FOR REUBEN SANDWICH (VEGAN):
- Rye Bread
- Vegan Butter
- Seitan or Veg Meat of Choice
- Vegan White Cheese of Choice (swiss-style is best)
- Russian Dressing
For the Russian Dressing:
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
Full Recipe Down Below
- 2 slices rye bread
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp Russian dressing
- ¼ cup sliced seitan or veg meat of choice
- 2 tbsp sauerkraut
- 2 slices vegan white cheese of choice
- Whisk all russian dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat a skillet or sandwich press over medium heat.
- Butter each slice of bread on one side, and spread dressing on the other.
- Top with vegan meat, sauerkraut, and cheese, then the second piece of bread.
- Cook in the hot skillet or sandwich press for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cheese has melted and bread is toasted and crispy.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Sandwich Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!