I’m going to show you how to make my easy vegan chocolate pudding! This nostalgic pudding dessert recipe can be eaten on its own or with a dollop of whipped topping making it creamy, chocolatey and super pretty.
This is a simple vegan chocolate dessert to make and enjoy like we’re kids again. All you have to do is whisk everything in a pan and set it in the fridge.
Related Recipe: Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Vegan Chocolate Pudding
I pride myself of fulfilling my community’s need for vegan versions of their favourite foods from before they were vegan! And of the store-bought vegan puddings I’ve tried over the years, nothing really compares to homemade chocolate pudding. If you’ve found yourself missing classic chocolate pudding, this one is for you.
Related Post: Vegan Bounty Bars
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE PUDDING (VEGAN):
- Granulated Sugar
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Unsweetened Soy Milk
- Vegan Butter (optional but recommended)
- Vanilla Extract
- Instant Coffee
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Add sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt to a saucepan and whisk in soy milk and instant coffee.
- Bring to a boil, over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a container and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the surface of the pudding (to prevent skin from forming) and allow to cool at room temperature. Then transfer to the fridge to chill.
- Serve cold.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Dessert Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest