This vegan cookie dough ice cream recipe uses 7-ingredients to make quick & homemade chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream that’s vegan. It’s sweet and creamy and I’ll even say it’s better than most store-bought ice creams.
In 30 minutes, you can have a creamy homemade chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Just add everything to a blender and add to an ice cream maker!
Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream
GLUTEN-FREE & SOY-FREE
This delicious cookie dough ice cream is a crowd favourite. Making your own vegan ice cream can feel daunting but I promise it’s pretty easy, especially if you follow my tips below!
TIPS ON MAKING COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM (VEGAN):
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can just freeze the ice cream liquid in a container, sadly it will not be as smooth and creamy as churned ice cream but it’s also still good!
- For the creamiest ice cream, use a can of coconut cream at a store! If you can’t find coconut cream my best tip is to make coconut milk cookie dough ice cream! That’s right! You can get canned coconut milk and chill it in the fridge overnight for this recipe! You’ll get a hardened cream if you leave coconut milk in the fridge and you can scoop the hardened cream out of the can to use in the recipe. Keep the remaining coconut liquid for smoothies.
Related Recipe: Vegan Edible Cookie Dough
INGREDIENTS FOR COOKIE DOUGH (VEGAN):
- Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Vegan Butter
- Brown Sugar
- White Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Gluten-Free Flour (almond, oat, coconut etc)
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN ICE CREAM:
- Full-Fat Coconut Cream or Coconut Milk chilled in the fridge overnight
- Soy Milk (if soy-free, use oat milk)
- Raw Cashews, soaked
- White Sugar
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
Full recipe down below
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tspvanilla extract
- ½ cup gluten-free flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- To make your vegan cookie dough, take a large bowl and cream together vegan butter, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla. Add flour, chocolate chips and salt and combined and a dough forms.
- Form into little chunks/balls and place them onto a lined baking sheet. Put in the freezer.
- For your homemade vegan ice cream, use a high-speed blender to combine cashews and soy milk. Blend on High until you reach a thick and creamy consistency, about 30 seconds.
- Add coconut milk, sugar, vanilla and salt, and blend on High until very smooth and creamy.
- Transfer liquid to your ice cream maker of choice and mix according to instructions. I use my stand mixer with an ice cream bowl attachment. I turn it to stir and let it do its thing for 25 mins.
- Halfway through the process, slowly add your vegan cookie dough to make vegan cookie dough ice cream! I like to toss in a few at a time, as the machine is mixing.
- Once frozen and creamy, serve right away, or add it to an airtight container and freeze until you want it!
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Easy Vegan Dessert Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!