This vegan bounty bars recipe uses 6-ingredients to make homemade bounty bars… but vegan! These are super easy to make, can be frozen to last long, and way better than the processed ones in stores!
This vegan bounty chocolate bar recipe makes 12 bars in 1 hour! And if you’re looking for a larger batch for the holidays or a party, simply double or triple the recipe, freeze before or after the chocolate coating stage, and store it in an airtight container! Keep in the freezer until ready to serve.
Vegan Bounty Bars
DAIRY-FREE & GLUTEN-FREE
To make homemade vegan bounty bars (which are also gluten-free), all you have to do is add your condensed coconut milk, maple syrup, salt and vanilla to a bowl, whisk together, and then fold in the coconut flakes. Next, press the mixture into a square on plastic wrap. Add to the freezer to harden and then slice and dip in melted chocolate. Stick back in the freezer to cool and then serve.
These vegan bounty bars are full of coconut and coated in chocolate just like the store-bought ones. They are perfect to eat with your romantic partner or just for you when you have a sweet tooth but don’t want to leave the house. Leftover bounty bars will keep in the fridge for up to a week or freeze until ready to enjoy.
INGREDIENTS FOR BOUNTY BARS (VEGAN):
- Shredded Coconut (Unsweetened)
- Condensed Coconut Milk
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Semi-Sweet Vegan Chocolate Chips
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
Full Recipe Down Below
Related Recipe: Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake
- In a bowl mix together condensed coconut milk, maple syrup, salt and vanilla extract, whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place coconut in a large bowl and pour the coconut milk mixture over and fold to combine, using your hands if necessary. Taste for sweetness and adjust if necessary.
- Take a large piece of plastic wrap and lay flat.
- Spread out the coconut mixture on the plastic.
- Press the coconut mixture firmly into place and pull the plastic wrap up around it to create an edge.
- Press the coconut mixture firmly to ensure it is compact.
- Place your square coconut block in the freezer to firm. This should take at least 30 minutes.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate until soft and mix with a fork.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper onto a work surface. I like to use a cutting board or a cooling rack that fits into my freezer.
- Remove the coconut square from the freezer
- Unwrap it from the plastic wrap and cut it into bars of equal size.
- Place each coconut bar into the melted chocolate and turn over to coat, one by one.
- Remove the coated coconut and allow excess chocolate to drip into the bowl
- Place coconut bar onto the parchment paper.
- Repeat with the remaining bars, until all coconut bars are covered in chocolate.
- Place the chocolate bars into the freezer, and allow them to harden. This should take 30-50 mins.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, store it in an airtight container.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Dessert Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!