Vegan Frittata Recipe
I’m going to show you how to make my easy vegan frittata recipe! This simple yet impressive brunch recipe takes under 30 mins to make vegan frittatas using mung beans. For this version, I did a mushroom & cheese filling, but you can change it up to your preference.
All you have to do is soak your lentils overnight, cook the veggies for the filling, blend the eggless ingredients together, combine, then bake and serve.
Related Recipe: Vegan Egg McMuffin
Vegan Mushroom & Cheese Frittata
EGGLESS | GLUTEN-FREE
I am not a huge breakfast eater, but serve it on a Sunday morning at 11am with a mimosa and I am a brunch fan! It might be the most glamourous meal. Plus I always want to show off something impressive to my friends and family. Here I’ll show you how I turned mung beans into a show-stopping brunch main course.
A frittata is basically a quiche without the crust. It’s traditionally made using eggs, veggies and cheese, sometimes with meat added.
Related Recipe: Vegan Scrambled Eggs
INGREDIENTS FOR FRITTATA (VEGAN):
- Olive Oil
- Dried Thyme
- Vegan Mozzarella Shreds
- Mushrooms of choice
- Green Onions
- Yellow Lentils/Mung Beans
- Nutritional Yeast
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Salt/ Kala Namak
- Unsweetened Soy Milk
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 1¼ cup vegan Mozzarella cheese shreds
- 8 oz mushrooms of choice, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped (green parts only)
- 1 cup yellow lentils/mung beans (soaked overnight, drained and rinsed)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black salt/ Kala Namak
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large 12 inch skillet or oven-safe pan, heat the 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and shallots, and cook for 3 minutes or until translucent. Add mushrooms and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms to a plate and set them aside.
- To a high-speed blender, add mung beans, nutritional yeast, turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder, black salt soy milk, olive oil, and corn starch, and blend until smooth and pourable. Taste and adjust the flavour to your taste.
- Stir in thyme, and ¾ cup vegan cheese.
- Heat the same skillet over medium heat and brush the bottom and sides with 1 tbsp olive oil or cooking spray.
- Add the mung bean mixture and stir in mushrooms and green onions, top with remaining vegan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 mins, or until slightly browned, and set.
- To serve, slice, and serve on its own, or with tomato soup, crusty bread, or a side salad.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Breakfast Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!
Leave a comment