This easy vegan corn pudding recipe uses 13-ingredients and can be made easily to pair with any meal! I’ll show you how to make a vegan version of corn pudding!
If you’re not sure what corn pudding is, it’s basically cornbread’s sister. It’s a softer version of cornbread with added whole corn kernels and seasoning. It’s loved by the Southern US, typically found in Appalachia.
Vegan Corn Pudding
DAIRY-FREE & EGG-FREE
This twist on a classic side is perfect to pair with other Southern classics like BBQ and coleslaw. Packed with corn in every form, this side dish is perfect for big appetites!
Using whole kernels, creamed corn, cornmeal and cornstarch, this dish is the plant-based version of a beloved American classic.
INGREDIENTS FOR CORN PUDDING (VEGAN):
- Canned Creamed Corn
- Canned Corn Kernels
- Vegan Butter
- Soft Tofu
- Plain Soy Milk
- Baking Powder
- Dried Sage
- Sea Salt
- Cayenne Pepper
- Fresh Parsley, to garnish
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
Full Recipe Down Below
Related Recipe: Vegan BBQ Brisket
- 1-14 oz can of creamed corn
- 1-14 oz can of corn kernels, drained
- ⅓ cup melted vegan butter or margarine
- 1 cup soft tofu
- ½ cup plain soy milk
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried sage
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400F and grease a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray or vegan butter. Set aside.
- In a blender, add melted butter, soft tofu, soy milk, corn starch, and cornmeal. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl, and add creamed corn, corn kernels, flour, baking powder, sage, salt, cayenne, and nutmeg. Combine well.
- Pour mixture into the prepared casserole dish and bake for 50 minutes, until the top is golden brown, firmed slightly, and a tester comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the dish for 10 mins.
- Scoop and serve.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Corn Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!