Today on The Edgy Veg, I’m going to show you how to make an easy creamy vegan corn chowder recipe! This vegan corn chowder recipe is thick & creamy, which is perfect as a fall and winter dish! It’s also nut-free, and obviously dairy-free!
This chowder recipe is basically a take on a vegan clam chowder recipe and potato corn chowder recipe together, but with many other vegetables… so it’s very much a vegetable chowder dish that’s vegan. Just go with me on this 😉
If you’re looking for more warm vegan dishes like soups & stews, check out my list of vegan soup recipes here.
In terms of vegetables, this easy vegan corn chowder recipe is comprised of potatoes, onions, celery, carrot, and corn. Super simple, yet creamy & delicious. Once you make this recipe, you’re gonna want to slurp it right up! Oh, and don’t forget the bread for dipping.
How To Make: Easy Vegan Corn Chowder Recipe
To make this easy vegan corn chowder, you first want to start by heating oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Then, add your onion, garlic, celery, carrots, potatoes to cook, stirring constantly until onions are translucent and vegetables are tender (about 4-5 mins).
Next, season with salt and pepper. Add vegan butter and stir to melt. Stir in flour, and cook for 2 mins while stirring constantly. Add wine, stirring to lift any bits stuck to the bottom of the saucepan. Add your broth, corn kernels, thyme and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook for 15 mins or until the potatoes are tender.
Afterward, add soy milk (or your plant-based milk of choice), and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with greens of choice! Serve with toasted bread and voila!
If you want to view or print the recipe card, just scroll down for the full list of ingredients and simple instructions on how to make this easy vegan corn chowder.
Follow This Easy Vegan Corn Cowder Recipe
- 3 tbsp cooking oil of choice (I like avocado oil or coconut oil)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp vegan butter (like earth balance)
- ¼ cup organic all-purpose flour
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth (I like Better Than Bouillon No-chicken broth)
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn kernels
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- Chopped fresh parsley or chives, to garnish
- Sea salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, celery, carrots, potatoes and cook, stirring constantly until onions are translucent and veggies are tender,about 4-5 mins. Season with ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper.
- Add 1 tbsp vegan butter and stir to melt.
- Stir in flour, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the wine, stirring to lift any bits stuck to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Add broth, corn kernels and thyme and bring to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 mins or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add soy milk, and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with greens of choice and serve with toasted bread.