This is truly the best vegan chocolate oatmeal cookies recipe you’ll ever try! These chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are super easy to make and combine the rich, chocolaty goodness with the hearty texture of oats.
This vegan cookie recipe is made with vegan chocolate (dark chocolate), rolled oats, sugar, flour and other simple and tasty baking ingredients!
Related Recipe: Grilled Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
VEGAN | DAIRY-FREE
This chocolate oatmeal cookies recipe is a vegan version of Anne Burrell’s recipe with some tweaks to make them salted.
These chocolate oatmeal cookies are chewy and chocolaty, combining oats and chocolate in one indulgent treat! Baked to perfection, these vegan cookies have a soft, fudgy center and slightly crisp edge making them a favourite for chocolate lovers who like a tasty cookie.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE OATMEAL COOKIES (VEGAN):
- Dark chocolate
- Rolled oats
- Unbleached all-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Vegan butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Coarse sea salt (or vanilla salt)
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing Bowl (small)
- Mixing Bowl (large)
- Electric Hand Mixer
- Cooling Rack
- Measuring Utensils
Vegan Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 Oven
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 Mixing Bowl (small)
- 1 Mixing bowl (large)
- 1 Electric Hand mixer
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Cooking Rack
- 1 Measuring Utensils
- 6 oz dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted vegan butter room temp
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp aquafaba liquid inside can of chickpeas
- Coarse sea salt as needed (vanilla salt is also amazing for this)
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and grease a baking sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, kosher salt, rolled oats, and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the vegan butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Using an electric hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the vanilla and aquafaba.
- Using a rubber spatula, gradually add the flour mixture into the butter-sugar mixture. Mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate.
- Spoon tablespoon-size balls of dough onto the baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between the dough balls. Bake the cookies for 12 to 13 minutes or until just beginning to color.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and sprinkle each one with a few grains of course sea salt … it’s really important to do this while the cookies are hot so the salt sticks. Let the cookies cool for a couple minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Hi! I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg! I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or by-products of animals. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!