This truly is the best oat milk crepes recipe you’ll ever try! Crepes made with oat milk are super easy to make and a breakfast favourite.
This recipe is made with oat milk, flour, cornstarch, salt, oil (like coconut oil), sugar (if you want sweet crepes) and toppings of choice. Very simple and tasty ingredients!
Related Recipe: Dairy-free Blueberry Bagels
How To Make Oat Milk Crepes
DAIRY-FREE | EGG-FREE | VEGAN
This oat milk crepes recipe is a dairy-free version of classic crepes, traditionally made with milk. Oat milk adds a creamy texture and slightly sweet flavour, which is perfect for crepes.
Crepes can be served in various ways, both sweet and savory. If you prefer savory oat milk crepes, use unsweetened oat milk! If you want sweet oat milk crepes, feel free to use any oat milk, including vanilla oat milk!
For sweet crepes, you can fill it with ingredients like fresh fruits, chocolate hazelnut spread, or a dusting of powdered sugar. Sweet sauces like maple syrup or berry jam can also be drizzled over the top too! For savory crepes, fillings such as sautéed greens and mushrooms or dairy-free cheese can be added, creating a satisfying breakfast or brunch dish.
INGREDIENTS FOR CREPES (OAT MILK):
- Oat milk
- Coconut Oil (or canola oil)
- White Sugar
- Chocolate Hazelnut spread (vegan-friendly)
- Powdered sugar
- Sauteed greens
- Dairy-free cheese
- Lemon slices
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Thin Spatula
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cup
- Pan or Crepe Maker
- Powdered Sugar Machine (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk, or use vanilla oat milk and omit the sugar if you're making sweet crepes)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or canola oil)
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cups flour (unbleached all-purpose)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt for sweet crepes, ½ tsp for savoury crepes
- 1 tbsp granulated white sugar (if making sweet crepes)
- butter, for frying
- In a blender, blend together oat milk, coconut oil, water, flour, cornstarch, salt and sugar, until smooth. Scrap down sides with spatula so you're blending your oat milk crepes nicely.
- Heat a medium, non-stick pan to medium-low heat.
- Melt 1 tbsp dairy-free butter (or oil), and swirl around the pan to coat.
- Using a measuring cup, measure and pour about ⅓ cup of the batter to the pan, and immediately rotate the pan around so the batter thins out into a thin crepe.
- Cook the batter until the top of the crepe looks dry and easy to flip, about 2 mins.
- Using a thin spatula, carefully flip the crepe, and cook for another 30 sec-1 min. Remove from the pan and repeat.
- Serve with crepe toppings, either sweet or savory. Enjoy your oat milk crepes!
Hi! I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg! I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or by-products of animals. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Breakfast Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!