An easy vegan alfredo sauce recipe with no cashews, instead creating a creamy and garlicky alfredo sauce using white beans instead of nuts.
This vegan alfredo sauce pairs well with fettuccine, green peas and nutritional yeast to create a super tasty vegan dish in 15 minutes!
Related Recipe: Vegan Feta Pasta
How To Make: Vegan Alfredo Sauce
This no-cashew vegan alfredo sauce is so easy to make! While your fettuccine pasta is boiling, pan-fry onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent, and stir in your white beans for a few minutes. Then, transfer to a blender along with soy milk, miso lemon juice and nutritional yeast to create a creamy alfredo sauce that’s vegan!
White beans are the perfect substitute for no cashews, as it has a similar white colour and soft texture for alfredo sauce!
Tip: By adding more soy milk, you can get a more pourable sauce!
Related Recipe: 15+ Vegan Pasta Recipes
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN ALFREDO SAUCE (NO CASHEWS):
- Fettuccine or pasta of choice
- Olive Oil
- White Beans
- Soy milk
- Nutritional Yeast
- Green Peas (optional)
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
Full Recipe Down Below!
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ small cooking onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced garlic
- ½ - 19oz can of white beans, drained
- ¼ cup unsweetened soy milk, as needed
- ½ tsp white miso
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook pasta as instructed on the box or bag. Add peas to the pasta water, during the last minute of cooking. Reserve the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a medium-sized deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, and a pinch of salt and cook until translucent, about 3 mins, stirring constantly.
- Stir in beans, and cook until heated, about 3 mins.
- Transfer everything to a blender along with soy milk, miso, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more soy milk if required to get a thick but pourable sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the sauce back into the skillet, and add pasta, peas, and a bit of the pasta water.
- Cook stirring constantly, until the sauce clings to the pasta, and everything is evenly coated, adding more starchy water as required.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Easy Vegan Sauce Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!