This truly is the best vegan lentil lasagna recipe you’ll ever try! Lentil lasagna is a delicious twist on the classic Italian lasagna dish made vegan.
This recipe is made with vegan cheese, lentils, lasagna sheets and other healthy, simple and tasty ingredients!
Related Recipe: Vegan Sausage Lasagna
Vegan Lentil Lasagna
DAIRY-FREE | MEAT-FREE
Vegan lentil lasagnas offer a comforting, savory, and satisfying dish that’s not only delicious but also packed with fiber and protein from the lentils, making it a nutritious option for vegetarians, vegans, or anyone looking to enjoy a meatless meal.
For this recipe, I will show you how to make a lentil filling for your lasagna and how to assemble it using lasagna sheets! This is a simple cheap and easy lasagna recipe making it great for beginners!
INGREDIENTS FOR LENTIL LASAGNA (VEGAN):
- Lasagne Sheets
- Olive Oil
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Italian seasoning
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Vegetable Bouillon Powder / Cubes
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Soy Milk (unsweetened) or Canned Coconut Milk
- Dairy-free Mozzarella Shreds
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Casserole Dish 13-inch x 19-inch (33 cm x 23 cm)
- Measuring Utensils
- Wire cooling rack
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled & diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- sea salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- black pepper
- 1 cup red or brown lentils (or both)
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder (or 2 cubes)
- 1-14oz can crushed tomatoes
- 6 Lasagne Sheets (approx)
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk or canned coconut milk, optional
- 1½ cups frozen chopped spinach
- 3 cups dairy-free mozzarella shreds
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a large pot, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat and saute carrots and celery with a pinch of salt for 3 to 5 minutes, or until softened slightly.
- Stir in onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes (if using), and black pepper, and cook for 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Stir in lentils, bouillon cubes or powder, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
- Add crushed tomatoes and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Stir in the lasagna pieces, soy milk (if using), and spinach. Cover the pot, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until the liquid has reduced and the pasta is beginning to soften.
- Mix in 1 cup of cheese and transfer the pasta mixture to the casserole dish.
- Spread out the mixture evenly, then top with the remaining dairy-free cheese, and cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover, and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, the sauce is bubbly and the pasta is tender.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack, and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Then cut into squares and serve!
Hi! I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg! I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or by-products of animals. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Dinner Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!