Did you know Worcestershire Sauce isn’t vegan? You probably did, which is why you came here for a tasty Vegan Worcestershire Sauce recipe!
I’m going to show you how to cook vegan Worcestershire sauce in 20 mins using 11 ingredients. You can store this in the fridge for up to 3 months!
Related Recipe: Guinness BBQ Sauce
How To Make Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
Vegan Worcestershire sauce is a plant-based alternative to traditional Worcestershire that is commonly used as a condiment and flavor enhancer in various dishes.
Traditional Worcestershire sauce contains anchovies, which are not suitable for vegans so this recipe is formulated to provide a similar flavor profile using plant-based ingredients.
Full Recipe Down Below
INGREDIENTS FOR WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE (VEGAN):
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Ginger
- Dijon Mustard
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Peppercorn / Pepper
- Kelp granules, nori or kombu
- Liquid Smoke
FULL RECIPE DOWN BELOW!
- Add all the ingredients to a small pot.
- Bring everything to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer, and cover.
- Simmer, covered until the liquid is reduced by half, about 15-20 mins. Check it periodically.
- Remove the pot from the heat and immediately strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a jar or bottle.
- Allow the Worcestershire sauce to cool, then place it into the fridge.
Looking For More Vegan Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!