This easy Guinness BBQ sauce recipe uses 12-ingredients to make an easy barbecue sauce using Guinness. It’s a flavourful, rich BBQ sauce that pairs perfectly with any protein.
Just add together the ingredients listed below to a saucepan & simmer for a quick & easy homemade bbq sauce under 15 mins.
Related Recipe: Grilled Mushroom Steak
Guinness BBQ Sauce
If you’re having a Guinness, might as well make a Guinness BBQ sauce! Guinness is a classic Irish stout loved by people around the world. It has a sweetness & bitterness with notes of coffee and chocolate. When the richness of the stout is paired with the sweetness of orange in this recipe, it creates a deeply flavoured BBQ sauce.
This 12-mins Guinness BBQ sauce recipe is great to enjoy on a sandwich, on any grilled protein, or as a dipping sauce. This sauce recipe is a simple way to make your own bbq sauce at home and the flavour is unlike anything you’d pick up at the grocery store.
Related Recipe: Vegan St Patrick’s Day Recipes
INGREDIENTS FOR GUINNESS BBQ SAUCE:
- Guinness Beer
- Worcestershire Sauce (Vegan)
- Orange (using for zest & Juice)
- Brown Sugar
- Dijon or Brown Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Chilli Powder
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
Full Recipe Down Below!
- To a small saucepan, add Guinness, ketchup, vegan Worcestershire, orange juice, brown sugar, dijon, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and paprika.
- Bring everything to a boil, and then reduce heat to a rolling simmer. Allow it to simmer for about 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat, add orange zest, and allow the sauce to cool.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Easy Vegan Sauce Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!