I’m going to show you how to make vegan beans on toast in 6 mins. If you’re looking for a better way to use that can of beans and create a delicious vegan breakfast, you’ll love this recipe!
Beans on toast is a popular British dish consisting of baked beans served on top of buttered toast. And this is a level-up vegan version of it!
Related Recipe: Vegan Traditional Full English Breakfast
Vegan Beans On Toast
I’ve been making so many vegan breakfast toast recipes lately and am so excited to share the best way to make vegan beans on toast – the deluxe version which is incredibly tasty.
As you may know, Beans on Toast is not vegan normally, since the dish often contains butter, as well as may contain bacon, pork, and Worcestershire sauce.
For this vegan breakfast recipe, you need a can of baked beans, vegan butter, an onion, brown sugar (or maple syrup), mustard, nutritional yeast, vegan cheese of choice and hashbrowns!
Related Post: Vegan French Toast Sausage Roll-Ups
INGREDIENTS FOR BEANS ON TOAST (VEGAN):
- Baked Beans
- Vegan Butter (or margarine)
- Onion or shallot
- Brown sugar (or maple syrup)
- Yellow Mustard
- Nutritional Yeast
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Measuring Utensils
- Small pot
Full Recipe Down Below
- 1 can baked beans
- vegan butter or margarine as needed
- ¼ small cooking onion, or 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- vegan cheese of choice (link our feta)
- 4 Hashbrown patties
- 2 bread slices
- Cook hashbrown patties according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, Heat 1 tsp olive oil or plant-based butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion or shallots with a pinch of salt, and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add canned baked beans, sugar or maple syrup, yellow mustard, and nutritional yeast, and stir to combine. Cook until heated through.
- Taste & season with salt and pepper.
- Make toast and butter it.
- On each piece of toast, place a hashbrown patty, and then top with a couple of spoonfuls of baked beans and some vegan cheese of choice.
- Beans on toast: toast, butter, hashbrowns, baked beans with Nutritional yeast, vegan feta cheese
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Brunch Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest