Healthy Peanut Butter Granola Bar
After a good workout, the granola bar is one of my favorite snacks to munch on. Unfortunately, many of the granola bars that are store-bought contain a lot of processed sugars and chemicals to extend shelf life. As a result, packaged granola bars are typically high in calories, filled with processed sugars, and have very little nutritional content. Nonetheless, granola bars can be a healthy snack depending on the brand, but making these at home is much healthier and more affordable than the premium prices you pay at the health food stores. Conveniently, you can store these snacks in your fridge for up to 1 week! Or make extra and freeze them for up to 2 weeks.
Alternative ways to make this recipe:
You can add dried fruits and additional nuts to this recipe. However, if you are allergic to peanuts, you can substitute the peanut with almond butter instead. The purpose of the nut butter is to make all the ingredients stick together. Otherwise, if you have a dietary restriction to all nuts, you can try seed butter like this one. You can also substitute chocolate chips with white vegan chocolate chips.
Related Recipe: Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Squares Recipe
Peanut Butter Granola Bar
Peanut Butter Granola bars are well-known for their ridiculously delicious taste along with significant health benefits. Did you know that peanut butter contains a high source of monosaturated fat, B-vitamins, magnesium, and protein? Furthermore, the flaxseeds and chia seeds in this ingredient are also high in omega-3 fats that are essential for your brain health, eye health, and heart health! This granola bar recipe is definitely a super snack dedicated to being one of your staple recipes. Remember to share this recipe with one of your favorite workout buddies or bring it to your next potlock party!
How many servings does this make?
This recipe makes about 12 squares using an 8 by 8-inch pan. You can always increase the size by using a bigger pan or doubling up your recipe.
Related Post: Healthy Frozen Yogurt Bark
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 0.5 cup chocolate chips
- 0.5 cup coconut oil
- 0.5 cup agave syrup
- 0.5 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal, corn flakes or crispy cereal of choice
- 1.5 tsp ground flaxseed
- 0.25 cup shredded coconut
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Line an8 x 8-inchpan with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt coconut oil. Whisk together; agave, peanut butter, and bring to a simmer for a couple of mins, stirring constantly. Do NOT boil! Remove from heat.
- Add oats, vanilla, crispy cereal, flax seeds, chia seeds, shredded coconut and salt and mix to combine.
- Transfer to an 8×8-inch baking dish, and spread out evenly.
- Cover with a piece of parchmentor plastic wrap and press firmly. This step ensures they do not crumble. You can use a glass to do this if you need some help.
- Allow the bars to cool in the fridge overnight or for at least 60 mins to form.
- Lift the solid block out of the pan using the parchment, and cut into bars.
- Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or freezer for up to 1 month.
Hey welcome to The Edgy Veg – we veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. We hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Dessert Recipes?
- Biscoff Banana Bread
- Giant Salted Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- Millionaires Shortbread Giant Vegan Twix Bar
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!